Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pros: looks VERY nice (both inside and out), great price, great safety ratings, excellent sound system, sensitive brakes and gas pedal, takes turns well, excellent warranty, relatively inexpensive maintenance/repairs, it isn't an American car (meaning it won't fall apart after 40k miles)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
You forgot the" cons" (it's in your title...LoL).

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cons: low resale value, unremarkable fuel economy, paint scratches easily, has halfway decent but not great acceleration, the ride could be a bit smoother (bumpy roads make my teeth chatter)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pros/Cons

These observations are based on my 2011 Forte5 SX 2.4 L which is two months old and has 7000km on it.

PROS:

Excellent safety features: 6 airbags, Active head rests, ABS w/ brake force distribution and panic braking assist , ESC, ETC, break away motor mounts.

Excellent fit and finish especially for a car at this price.

Generous standard features (Canadian SX): sunroof, PL, PW, PM, 4 wheel disc brakes, Leather seats, Chrome door handles, chrome interior accents, Heated seats, front wiper blade de-icer, integrated blue tooth support, cruise control, steering wheel controls for (radio, blue tooth, and cruise control), climate control, Auto headlights, fog lights, side mirrors have integrated signal indicators, Trip computer, overhead sun glasses compartment. Very nice sounding 6 speaker audio system w/ Ipod support.

Very nicely styled, with a wrap around front end and tight lines.

Very good acceleration and handling. Has great pull on the highway for passing. Firm but not abusive suspension.

Very good gas mileage for a 2.4l 173HP engine.

Industry leading warranty.

CONS:

Overly sensitive "on/off" gas pedal can be irritating with the manual tranny.

Glove box door is not dampened, nor is the glove box lighted.

Wipers sometimes don't park themselves correctly.

No delayed off dome light.

No low washer fluid level indicator.

All of my cons are pretty minor and I haven't experienced any of the more significant ones that some others have reported such as; thin paint (chipping), squeaky seats, leaking door seals, manual tranny shifting/noise issues, etc.. Perhaps these were resolved with the 2011 model, or that it doesn't affect Canadian models? Or maybe I've just been lucky.
All in all I'm very satisfied with my forte 5 and hope it stands the test of time.

Mark

·
Registered
567 Posts
Speaking of cons: Just found a piece of rust on the back of the car. The paint must of chipped off (SO SURPRISING RIGHT?) and it rusted already. It'll be a year I've had the car this month. I hope the guy who is testing the thickness of the paint get results I can bring to Kia and demand a total repainting of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im sure i'll reiterate some of your cons but crappy paint, the ever so lovely crease, lotssssss of rattling, ex interior is nasty and cheap, cheap and uncomfortable seats, front bumper is held on by what seems like tape, waaaaaaay too much road noise, no OEM Fog light kit from KIA(shame on you kia, shame on you), and stock the car sits too high IMO. i saw a stock altima coupe and it was just as low as my car is and ive lowered it! i was like what the hell?

with that being said, i love my car and im happy with what i have

·
Registered
204 Posts
I only have one CON with my Forte and it's the 5 spd auto transmission. First time it shifts from 2nd to 3rd is bad. Kia can't fix it. I'm not the only one with the problem. I can go easy on the gas and pretty much bypass the problem. Will this transmission hurt my trade-in or resale value? It sure will. :mad:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im sure i'll reiterate some of your cons but crappy paint, the ever so lovely crease, lotssssss of rattling, ex interior is nasty and cheap, cheap and uncomfortable seats, front bumper is held on by what seems like tape, waaaaaaay too much road noise, no OEM Fog light kit from KIA(shame on you kia, shame on you), and stock the car sits too high IMO. i saw a stock altima coupe and it was just as low as my car is and ive lowered it! i was like what the hell?

with that being said, i love my car and im happy with what i have
What do you mean by "crease"??

·
Registered
973 Posts
cons: rattles, what I've come to think is a bushing problem (1 2 and R hard to get in every once in a while), and I got the lx for some reason which has manual locks and windows (but hey, the motors won't ever go out unless my arms quit working lol), and it rides a bit high
pros: one of the 2 or 3 quickest NA 4 cyl cars out right now, adequate suspension, great brakes, great steering, great noises that it makes, beautiful car, decent sound system, sat radio and bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
with the money you save on gas in the car maybe you should rent a room ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Con - Hard to have sex in the back seat
Forte 5 door would solve that issue, hence why all my cars are hatch/wagons.

Pros: Price, good MPG on the 2.4L, steering wheel controls, AC, Interior Layout, cargo capacity in Sedan, brakes on the SX.

Cons (you sure you have time for this?): Jerky Automatic 5 speed, Interior quality, bland looks, road noise, OEM Tires, suspension height, ride quality at lower speed, handling, Stability control is too sensitive, paint, rigidity, OMG that rattle and squeak!, terrible speakers, low bass, uncomfortable seats (although very subjective).

Although the car has performed well over the last 10K miles I am just not overly enthused about the car. My wife likes it and the 2011's seem to be better overall with interiors and transmissions. For the price I can't complain and I am lucky this is a lease car so I don't have to be too attached.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.