Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This, I'm sure, is unusual. I've had my Koup for 2 months, and had it washed at the dealer, when I got home I was walking around at it and noticed something strange. I thought at first I had hit something, so obvious reaction was, WTF!, but then I looked closer and there were 3 pieces of tape (1 that was sticking out) and they had factory paint on them, apparently, the protective tape wasn't completely taken off an 3 pieces were painted over. Took it to the dealer today and they are contacting Kia, because the entire side of the car has to be repainted.

Luckily I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks and now I don't have to worry about leaving it in DC, now it gets to sit at my dealership till they get it fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Trippy deal, wonder how that happened, hopefully they do you right and do the paintjob flawlessly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I at least know the guy they use is really good; when I took delivery there was a big scratch across the trunk lid too deep to buff out, so they had to repaint the trunk, he did a great job, so only thing I have to do is wait for Kia to give the dealership to give the Green light or I call the Zone office when I get back in the country.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That tape is supposed to be there. It is on my car as well. It is to protect against rock chips around the wheel well. It shouldn't be hanging off though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he means a different tape. (completely different than the 3M tape)
Yah I did mean the different tape, not the clear tape that's supposed to be there, but 3 pieces of some other tape. Dealership took it 2 weeks ago, should be done on Friday, I was out of town until yesterday so when I got back they put me in a rental car at Kia's expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.