Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any luck as to getting there purchase price down?

I was so in love with the car I just signed on the dotted line. lol

But I want to be prepared next time. Any tips? How do I get them to come down? Lets say maybe just even a grand off?

Right now if I purchase another Forte Koup SX, I can get 1000.00 cash back + 500.00 back for Customer Loyalty + 500.00 Competitive bonus. So $2000.00 in cash back offers. How do I get them to come down even more? Last time I did ask, "can you give me a lower price overall?" They said "no, the car is to exclusive right now and is well worth the value" You know what though, I agree 100%. But next time I want to at least put some effort into getting a price cut besides the Cash backs. Maybe I can review my current forte and tell them I only see it worth X amount of their asking price after cash back offers? If they say, why am I getting a second, I don't want to start off with " I need or I want" type of sentance. Best I can probably say is " I like this vehicle, and I ____ to get another as a 2nd? See, I don't need one. But I do want one. I just don't want them to play off those terms. They take it as "want or need" sale. What other alternative is there as well to say? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Koup I purchased a few weeks ago was my 6th purchase from a dealer. I've pretty much got it down to a science at this point! :) Your best friend in this whole thing is Edmunds True Market Value, found at Edmunds.com. Find the link that says "Edmunds True Market Value" and follow the instructions. It will give you the invoice price or what the dealer paid for it, plus invoice for any options or packages available and also it gives you what the average price paid for the car is in your area. (you put in your zip code) It also factors in any Kia incentives that may be offered in your area. Second, deals are better to be made with vehicles that the dealers have in stock. If they don't have it, they are less likely to give you the "best" deal. I would find a vehicle that you like on the lot, price it out on Edmunds and take that price to the dealer. I am not an impulse buyer, and if they don't give me that price within say a few hundred dollars, I walk out the door. TRUST ME, if you gave them your phone number, they WILL call you back. Luckily I live in an area with several (6 to be exact) Kia dealers and I have no issue telling them where I'm going next if they can't meet my pricing points. Third, be ready to buy the car or at least put a deposit down if they make the deal that day. If you tell them that you're not interested in buying the car at least within the next couple days, they're less likely to take you seriously. Fourth, I'm usually pretty silent on whether I like the car or not. If they ask me directly I usually am vague about it, I'll say some good things, but also tell them what I don't like about it.

I spent about 2 weeks researching and test driving different vehicles before I bought my Koup. I went to two dealerships in two days before I bought mine. The first dealer wouldn't give me the price I wanted so I went to another dealer and bought their Koup the next day. The MSRP on the window was $18585, I paid $15898 for it. That included about $1200 in incentives from Kia. Mine is also a 2010 which they were trying to get rid of in anticipation of the 2011 arriving.

Long Long story short, you definitely need to go to the dealer prepared with what you want to pay and ready to stand your ground if you don't get it. Good luck with your second purchase!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I simply do the following: I determine how much I want to pay, then I write down on the back of my business card the model and the amount; then I tell the salesman, when you are ready to make a deal on this car for this amount call me. They always call and I alway pay the amount I wrote on the back of my card.

2,213 Posts
look on line!! capital one has discounts if you use theyre dealers. i got $2500 off on my car! and thats after i went to the dealer and asked for some loot off. came back a week later and showed them this coupon thingy.. bam!! lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am usually vague as well to whether or not I like something. I just thought it was so funny that, man... I didn't even try! lol. I was just so in love with this car, that I was thinking to myself, I'd pay double if I had the money, lol.

Thanks for the comments.

What is that capital one coupon thing your talking about? Where on there site could I get info about it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't be opposed to driving a few hundred miles to another dealer for the purchase. You can shop their inventory online and it includes the VIN so you will know you are looking at the same car. Do your test drives locally but do test drive the one you are purchasing also, some are a bit different. Service can be done locally so that isn't a problem. I saved over $8000 on a pickup that way from what the local dealers would do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.