Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am new to the Forte Fourm and am puzzled about something. I am the type of guy that likes to learn how things work by taking them apart. Although I am not planning on taking apart my car I do want to know as much as I can about what is installed in it. So today I was crawling around under the dash to familiarize myself with the wiring in case I want to install anything in the near/far future when I saw something on the passenger side of the car. If you go to the kickpanel and look up there is a device that says TD on it. Im not sure what this is and am hoping someone else does and can tell me what it does. One of the reasons I am so interested in this is I keep hearing a sound coming from that general location when I am in drive and holding the brake.
Please help me if you can.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
No idea, but if you wanna learn stuff about your koup, i suggest you start memorizing
Kia Global Information System (KGIS)

its basically a complete shop manual of your car. tells you how to fix things, how to take apart things, and best of all, it tell you if there's any "fixes" your dealer should do for your car (TSB: technical service bulletin)

·
Registered
405 Posts
WTF ? I almost wrote my life here ?!?

Let's do it twice !

TD refers to the body type of the car. Since it's a brand new model, TD refers to the current version of the Forte/Koup.

If i take by example Hyundai Élantra which is an older model, u have
J1 : first model
J2 : 1996 to 2000
XD / XD2 : [email protected] / [email protected]
HD : [email protected]
MD : 2011+

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Steve-o you remind me of a kid that literally took apart the steering linkage on his Pontiac Fiero because he wanted to "see" how everything worked...nothing wrong with it...just wanted to "see". Then he put it back together and drove it down the road...until the linkage came apart and he went off road into some trees...LoL!!!

2-cents: read up on cars...get on the Kia Global site and read up on your car. Just remember: if it aint broke - DON'T FIX IT!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE

Thanks guys. I will read up on the Forte so I dont always have to post questions. I was playing around under the dash a little more after my first post and I noticed the lettering TD on the driverside as about the same height as it was on the passenger side. It looked as if the lettering was on the vent. Im going to assume for now it has to do with the heating/cooling. It just bothers me that I am hearing that sound! I hate sounds which are not meant to be there. I will find it eventually. I just hope I dont end up in the trees like the other guy haha

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Thanks guys. I will read up on the Forte so I dont always have to post questions. I was playing around under the dash a little more after my first post and I noticed the lettering TD on the driverside as about the same height as it was on the passenger side. It looked as if the lettering was on the vent. Im going to assume for now it has to do with the heating/cooling. It just bothers me that I am hearing that sound! I hate sounds which are not meant to be there. I will find it eventually. I just hope I dont end up in the trees like the other guy haha
No reason not to ask questions...just expect some bashing, some trolling, and some kidding -- along with the answers...LoL!

·
Registered
405 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.