Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Picking up a a Forte5 and had some questions that weren't answered on the test drives.

How's bluetooth performance with iphone4's? There are different opinions on the board about bluetooth clarity.

Does caller id register on the info screen?

If you can pair with bluetooth, what is the purpose of the ipod/iphone cable for connection (beyond charging)?

Does the system recognize different phones? What if both phones are in the vehicle? Does it recall both contact lists?

Do you have to pair every time you get in the vehicle?

I realize I am going to answer some of this in the manual (yes I am going to actually read it). I appreciate any info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey AZMX5,
I have an EX and an iPhone4 and use the bluetooth daily. It works fine in my opinion with the phone, the only problem I have with the system is the damn beep that notifies you to talk (think of the leaving a voicemail beep but more annoying). The caller ID does register on the info screen which is nice. The purpose of the KIA iPod cable is for allowing you to control all the iPod functions (skip songs etc..) through the car controls. The system does recognize multiple phones (by the name you give them), you can set a phone to have the priority in the car if you'd like. I am not too sure whether you can use contact lists from different phones at the same time. You do not have to pair the phone everytime you get in the vehicle. Hope this clarifies some things for you.

Here is a link to some info on the bluetooth ---> http://www.kia.com/#/bluetooth/

Cheers,
BCforte5

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all the info. That helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts