Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm soon to be the owner of a 2011 black forte koup! I'm so excited to get the car but I have a question.

The dealer told me that the car is going to come with the 6 speed manual transmission not the 5 speed as specified on the kia website. Has anyone one else heard of Kia upgrading the 5 speed to the 6?

The car is the 2.0 ex model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
as far as i knew it was just the 2.4 had the 6spd. i got the 2.4 sx 6spd and its awesome! 6th gear is way better on the highway. you will like it

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
for the 2011
all the 6spd will be on all model replacing the 5spd manual
for the automatic, the 5spd will be the on all model except for the koup SX, it will be a 6spd with paddle shift.

well this is what I read and my dealer said the same thing

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
All models receive a 6spd in both manual and automatic transmissions.
This is what I've read too...6 speed auto and manual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah from what I read on here, both auto and manual get the 6sp. Now the big question is will the manual have the same glitch with the throttle response or did they adjust it properly? It will be interesting to read more and more comments from 2011 owners as they start to give us some feedback.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah from what I read on here, both auto and manual get the 6sp. Now the big question is will the manual have the same glitch with the throttle response or did they adjust it properly? It will be interesting to read more and more comments from 2011 owners as they start to give us some feedback.
There was a 2011 canadian Koup review that stated the 6 speed manual felt much better.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was at the dealer a few days ago and I saw a 2011 EX sedan on the showroom - and the window sticker said it has a 4 spd AT???

I double checked and it's not a 2010, it has the new shifter...

·
Registered
103 Posts
here in australia the 2011 coup is moving to a six speed manual and auto from 5 speed and the bloody awful 4 speed auto still only comes with 2l motor alas:(.
Whereas there was only one model before which basically had the lot(exept sunroof) now kia has decided to split koup into two models..................i hate typing!:mad: here is the link read for yourselves...............Kia's tow door coupe | 2011 kia cerato

1 - 14 of 14 Posts