Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about repairs to my car and wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about it...

My car was hit twice in the same spot (the driver side front bumper corner) twice now...first time it was fixed perfect but the second time it has not been fixed right.

There is a gap between where the bumper cover and side fender meet (you can see underneath and see the clips)...the gap goes under the headlight about halfway...gap is not very big but is noticeable...I noticed the other day that the passenger side headlight (underneath) is also starting to gap.

The body shop has had the car 4 times since they initially fixed it and tried to realign the bumper..at first it is pretty good but as time goes by the gap seems to widen...the car only has 5000 miles on it....the body shop said they have basically done everything they can...adjuster came and looked at it again and basically said the same thing...

I don't know anything about car repairs, but it would seem that if the bumper is gaping and not aligning up correctly, there has to be something else wrong...

Any info. would be appreciated

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is this a preferred repair shop from the insurance company? If so, speak to the material damage manager for the insurance company and let them know that the insurance company guaranteed the work done at the body shop... that the body shop _nor_ the insurance company is living up to this promise. Let the insurance company know even though its the body shop that can't make the correct repairs, you intend to hold the insurance company responsible. What they should do is have a manger meet you at the repair center and inspect it with the body shop.

If they won't cooperate, file a complaint with the Dept of Insurance for your state. This will light a fire under their butts. These complaints almost always go _way_ up the ladder in the insurance company.

If it's not a preferred shop, let the body shop know you intent to take it to another shop and if the other shop can repair it correctly, you will be submitting the bill to them to take care of. See if this helps them "find" the problem.

I have no doubt what the problem is is that the insurance company paid for repairs but something else was either wrong or the body shop did not do them correctly. Since the body shop won't get paid to correct the problem, they are not willing to do anything about it. I'm guessing some bracket was bent or something like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called the insurance company and they said i could take it to another shop...which I did today. However, this body shop is basically telling me the same thing.

He said there is just a bracket on top and a few clips that hold the bumper cover on...he said he can try to realign it but more than likely it would not look any better.

So now I guess I am just stuck with a new car that will always gap in the front in several places...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts