Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had owned a 2017 Forte LX and had HIDs installed running 35w ballasts. As time passed I felt that the beam was getting too soft on my eyes aside from having a light shade of tint on my windshield so I then went to a local DDM Tuning to ask if I could purchase a set of 55w ballast to increase the lighting of my bulbs. We went back and forth with the debate because they kept refusing to sell me the 55w ballasts which got me nowhere but stuck with the 35w ballasts. They kept telling me that if I were to increase the wattage, that my cluster would be throwing error codes.
I have upgraded my car and now have the 2019 Forte. I was just wondering if there would be any issues with installing a 55w ballast if I were to go back to HIDs.

Side note: I have since then joined the 3rd Gen Forte page on Facebook. Get in with the discussion with us. Your input would be most appreciated. Drive safe and buckle up!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you considered installing the OEM LED headlights for the 2019+ Forte versus HID? That would seem like the easiest solution to getting brighter lighting with a sharp cutoff. I've been really impressed with the OEM LED headlights that are on my Forte.

I've already begun to see quite a few used 2019+ Forte parts including LED headlights on eBay, so it may not be that expensive to try.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you considered installing the OEM LED headlights for the 2019+ Forte versus HID? That would seem like the easiest solution to getting brighter lighting with a sharp cutoff. I've been really impressed with the OEM LED headlights that are on my Forte.

I've already begun to see quite a few used 2019+ Forte parts including LED headlights on eBay, so it may not be that expensive to try.
Besides the LED DRL and LED bulb what’s the difference? I looked at a closeup shot of one on eBay it seems the lens has the little tiny “dot diffusers” in the lens just like the halogen assemblies. The halogen bulb one also have a nice cutoff.

Anyone try to order the OEM LED headlight bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are no OEM LED "bulbs" for the 2019+ Forte. It's a complete LED lighting enclosure that is not user serviceable.

So BTW, when they eventually burn out, you have to replace the entire headlight. But hopefully that won't be for many many years.

I haven't compared the 2019+ Forte halogen with LED lights side-by-side, but I can say the Forte LED headlights definitely are much brighter, whiter and have a better cutoff than the halogen and even HID lighting on my other cars. They really are something....:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no OEM LED "bulbs" for the 2019+ Forte. It's a complete LED lighting enclosure that is not user serviceable.

So BTW, when they eventually burn out, you have to replace the entire headlight. But hopefully that won't be for many many years.

I haven't compared the 2019+ Forte halogen with LED lights side-by-side, but I can say the Forte LED headlights definitely are much brighter, whiter and have a better cutoff than the halogen and even HID lighting on my other cars. They really are something....:cool:
I wouldn't mind LED lights in my High beams as for my low beams I prefer to use HID my reason is that having had the experience of using both, the LED is bright but it's "throw" is at a shorter distance vs HID

1 - 5 of 5 Posts