Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How important (if at all) is it to disconnect your ipod before you and turn off your car and all that jazz. It says it all over the owners manual but does it really matter because it is a pain to remember it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
How important (if at all) is it to disconnect your ipod before you and turn off your car and all that jazz. It says it all over the owners manual but does it really matter because it is a pain to remember it.

Thanks
I've had my iPod connected for about 4 months now and have never once disconnected it prior to turning the car off. I leave my connected and hidden at all
Times.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I'm assuming Kia put the warning there just in case something went wrong they could had said, "It says so in the manual." I always unplug my ipod touch and put it inside the middle compartment between the driver's seat and passenger seat. Your ipod should be just fine being plugged into your car, just don't get hit by lightning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its a blanket statement they make about all MP3 players and not just ipods. What they refference is that most of these devices are not built to accomodate the initial shock of energy that turning on and off a car delivers. I use my iphone which is built to withstand that initial shock. I tried to lookup ipods for your but didnt find anything. Apple products are built very well and I doubt you will ever have an issue as some of the less expeseive devices.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I leave mine hooked up all the time too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it's a blanket statement. Power surges DO happen, along with receiving the "comm error", so it's done as a precaution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts