Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an sx auto and was thinking of getting the cai and exhaust combo. Since I have an auto i wasn't sure if I would get the fun out of it compared to a manual driver. If I used the slapstick + and -, would I get the nice feel of an aftermarket mod or no difference?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an auto SX and i just have the CAI and I notice alot of pull. Not to mention the sound is killer :D!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ya man it doesnt matter Auto or manual, you will feel the power gain. even with a 2.0L auto, an intake and lightweight makes the car feel soooo... much better :). A full exhaust to will be the icing on the cake. Go for it man

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Do yourself a favor too... If you plan on lowering your car, do it after you instal the exhaust....I can't fit under my damn car anymore! :(
you know some times i wonder.... lol what ever happen to the invention of a car jack?

2,213 Posts
i only have 2!!! lol so the rear is raised, now im waiting for my pops to bring over 2 more so i can get the front up! and whats the deal with tk??? i have to use the old hardware? you would think they would give you new bolts and nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
they do look around.... its probably stuffed inside your exhaust. dont worry it will come out your tail pipe :p jkjk

2,213 Posts
Well after 3 busted knuckles, a wrench to the head, and PB blaster in the eye....I gave up and took it to the shop! lol they don't want you to get that damn cat off for nothing!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all your impute! don't think I will put in some lowering springs. this isn't really about the cai or exhaust but the thread about tk's new turbo kit, does it really boost our 2.4l 173hp to 300 hp? R is it more like 260hp and they just said 300 just to make it sound better?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Thanks everyone for the nice reviews... You're right! The sound IS just killer!!!

(K)(I)(A) the factory header to CAT pipe is a stud and nut set up, you do have to reuse the nuts, but the rest of the system comes with the needed clamps, gaskets and bolts :)

i only have 2!!! lol so the rear is raised, now im waiting for my pops to bring over 2 more so i can get the front up! and whats the deal with tk??? i have to use the old hardware? you would think they would give you new bolts and nuts.

Actually, yes, the HP numbers of our Turbo Kit are DYNO proven. We made 240+ Wheel HP at 6-7 PSI which if you add back the DYNO loss of about 20% (240 / .8 = 300) you get 300 HP. Also, 240 WHP was the average gain, we had a few runs in the 250 WHP range which puts it even high! So yes, it is 300 HP, we don't play with numbers. You can ask Crock, we market our intake as 7 HP to the wheels / 10 - 11 at the flywheel. Crock made 10 Wheel HP on our DYNO with just the CAI. So if anything, we underestimate our numbers :)

thanks for all your impute! don't think I will put in some lowering springs. this isn't really about the cai or exhaust but the thread about tk's new turbo kit, does it really boost our 2.4l 173hp to 300 hp? R is it more like 260hp and they just said 300 just to make it sound better?

2,213 Posts
I'm not not to complain but, I got 3 gaskets, 2 heavy duty muffler clamps, and 3 bolts and 3 nuts. I think one got lost in transition lol oh well it still looks great and sounds awesome...check out my drive by video

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Well after 3 busted knuckles, a wrench to the head, and PB blaster in the eye....I gave up and took it to the shop! lol they don't want you to get that damn cat off for nothing!
Yeah I had to some how do it with out power tools and by myself :( lol I got on my back and just pushed the wrench with my foot hahahaha it sure did break her loose!! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts