Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 8000k HIDS from Diode Dynamics! Got all my threads I need to read to prep for the install. I noticed after going through the package, and watching some videos and DIY threads that some people hide the ballasts and wires. Now I did not see how to mount the ballasts or where to mount them for that matter. Does anyone have any idea on how to make it look clean under the hood and were would a good place be to mount everything? Let me know thanks :D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
once you take your head light out, you're gonna find a huge bar/ chasis part thats holding the bumper. just use 3M automotive double sided tape, cover it with it, and stick it to the metal. i've had 3 ballasts stacked on each other, and they've been attached for a couple of months.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grrr holding off on the install, got sent h7s GRRRRRR

·
Registered
769 Posts
Grrr holding off on the install, got sent h7s GRRRRRR
Ahh no good :( I have DDM HIDs but I mounted mine on the bar thats just below the headlight, theres a nice gap thats perfect for the DDM ballasts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh no good :( I have DDM HIDs but I mounted mine on the bar thats just below the headlight, theres a nice gap thats perfect for the DDM ballasts
Yeah, haha I took the headlight out and drilled my hole then realized....i had an h7. Gotta hate that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts