·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Sorry, just saw this.

The installers took care of installing the LOC. I really dont know exactly what they did but I'm pretty sure they literally snipped all the speaker wires heading towards the doors from the factory deck, spliced/soldered longer cables into them to get to the LOC (mounted up behind the glovebox). No aftermarket connectors were needed. When it came to the door speakers themselves, they spliced into the wires going in and out through the door's passthrough connector.

If someone ever comes out with a proper Dash kit, and I can finally install a doubledin nav or something of the like, it will make the whole process much easier.

While i'd love to say I did this part of the install, I didn't, I paid a reputable installer to do all the hard work.

Cheers,

D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way these work is that they adapt the OEM connector to an aftermarket speaker. In the past I've used the section of wiring in these to tap Line Out Converters rather than splicing into the factory harness. That way the LOC is removable, no harm no foul.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah not looking for a dashkit. I'll keep the factory unit for a while now. I'm just looking for a way to splice in some wire without cutting anything, I've used the speaker adapters in the past for this purpose.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ha! D113 revised from the dead:)
Lol guess you didn't look before posting =). Still no kits at all the major players.
The Lambo green Koup from SEMA 2009, done by Manny de Encio, lists a Metra Electronics dash kit as well as Kinetic Audio HC 1800 Power Cell, Audiovox Headunit, Speakers and Amplifiers, & Advent headrest TV's. I havent forund interior shots to confirm or deny.

Unless Metra dashkit is misprint or just one off for Manny...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts