Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you fit a set of clubs in the back of the 5-door without folding the rear seat down? Some other hatchbacks I've seen are too narrow.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I've put a set of clubs in my Koup without putting the seats down. I imagine the trunk in the Koup is smaller than the 5-Door so you would probably be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I'm looking for a definitive answer from a hatchback owner. HB's are typically shorter than sedans (or Koups in this case) and don't have enough room behind the rear wheels - thus the available width is constrained to the dimension between the wheelwells, not between the outer body panels. So although the HB has much more cargo space overall, it can't handle a long-ish item sideways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A set of clubs do fit in the trunk space of my Forte5. I have a standard size carry bag and do not use a pull cart. If have a cart on your bag or needed to carry more than one set, you probably would need to fold down one of the seats and remove the cargo space cover.

Hit 'em long and straight!

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is gonna sound nuts, but take your clubs with you. I took a large RC bag with me when I was shopping for a different car in the past.

They thought I was a few short of a full deck...until the bag didn't fit and I said that it was important for me in my search.

I ended up finding a focus wagon that fit the bill...but there was NO doubt while searching.

My old boss bought his MR2 that way. It fit his softball gear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I take the drive and 3-wood out, I can fit the rest of the bag and cart horizontally in my 5-door. I usually carry 2 bags/carts though with the seats forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Truraza,
It's not so nutty - I did exactly the same thing last time I was shopping. Eliminated the Focus and Mazda3 hatchbacks that way. I just thought this time, I could get an answer without leaving my house. (Nearest Kia dealer is miles away.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts