1,318 Posts
Reactions: Acura_Kal

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm trying to understand, why you need a brake upgrade. Ok, so you run 20'' wheels. Very big imho, but that's beside the point. Are you driving on track or otherwise very enthusiastic, and your brakes are fading, pedal gets long and spongy? Just asking, because my 2014 brakes great. My Koup is front OEM and rear OEM disk with Raybestos pads, while my wife's Sedan is with aftermarket all-around. Pedal feel is a tad better with the aftermarket, but that's it. But we replaced it OEM fit and did not change calipers. I had a look on the offer and if it's just the looks which you like, ok. With spacers on the front, you will increase nervousness in the steering as well as torque steer. The thicker the spacer, the worse it'll get. (same with reduced wheel off-set).

Reactions: NovaResource

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm trying to understand, why you need a brake upgrade. Ok, so you run 20'' wheels. Very big imho, but that's beside the point. Are you driving on track or otherwise very enthusiastic, and your brakes are fading, pedal gets long and spongy? Just asking, because my 2014 brakes great. My Koup is front OEM and rear OEM disk with Raybestos pads, while my wife's Sedan is with aftermarket all-around. Pedal feel is a tad better with the aftermarket, but that's it. But we replaced it OEM fit and did not change calipers. I had a look on the offer and if it's just the looks which you like, ok. With spacers on the front, you will increase nervousness in the steering as well as torque steer. The thicker the spacer, the worse it'll get. (same with reduced wheel off-set).
Hey, maybe he just wants to upgrade just because. It feels nice to drive a car with performance parts. I mean, why drive an Audi or Ferrari or Lamborghini if you don't need it? Because that's part of the fun. Stopping on a dime with killer brakes, accelerating with a better 0-60 than you'll ever need, and so much more. Driving is an experience. None of us need anything more than a bottom of the line car to get around, but where is the enjoyment or excitement in that?

I think he should do it if he wants to. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
468 Posts
that is why I want to know, what his purpose is. You can spend 5000$ on a track brake kit (which will prove quite difficult to drive around day-to-day, because no dust membranes and pads which need lots of heat to work, or you may want to improve the looks and otherwise use it on a day to day driver. The answer to the question will be very different based on the actual useage of the car. Hence my question. I will not try to stop anyone, and am only providing what I know. After that, he can, perhaps, make a better informed decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doesn't make sense, and no, the ones linked up top probably won't fit. If you want good braking performance, make sure you're using good pads, your pins are lubed up well, and that your brake fluid's good. Brake bleed + new pads and rotors if you're having issues is more than enough. Our cars are too light and too slow to really justify a BBK.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes, agree with you. Plus, the brakes are good as they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts