Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i really don't understand all this Bull... of the gas n shit... im wasting alot of gas and i really im not using the car THAT much!!
I filled up the tank on friday night and now its sunday night and its almost at half tank...WTF!!? aren't i suppose to be saving up on gas!!??

any help!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
City driving or highway?
what does the vehicle MPG say, and what does your calculated MPG say?
extra weight?
winter weather?
winter tires?
too much idling (like remote start) (or warm ups)?
Under inflated tires?

i think the koup is supposed to get 32/23

i usually get 21-22 all highway driving (i'm a bit hard on the gas for a six speed).
Highest i ever got on a tank was 32 MPG (all highway cruise control driving)
lowest was 16 MPG (the week i got it, i was getting used to a stick, so too much gas at take offs to make up for sensitive clutch)

I expect a good average driver to get about 170 miles for half a tank. (close to 25 MPG)

2,213 Posts
Also put in consideration, in the winter they add an additive to the gas to keep it to from freezing. I know it doesn't get cold in PR but you guys probably get the same batch of gas as we get in the states. So winter your mpg might be a little lower

·
Registered
87 Posts
also you could be used to having a bigger tank on your older cars.. ours is only 13.7 gallons. So it seems like your using more but your really not

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
City driving or highway?
what does the vehicle MPG say, and what does your calculated MPG say?
extra weight?
winter weather?
winter tires?
too much idling (like remote start) (or warm ups)?
Under inflated tires?

i think the koup is supposed to get 32/23

i usually get 21-22 all highway driving (i'm a bit hard on the gas for a six speed).
Highest i ever got on a tank was 32 MPG (all highway cruise control driving)
lowest was 16 MPG (the week i got it, i was getting used to a stick, so too much gas at take offs to make up for sensitive clutch)

I expect a good average driver to get about 170 miles for half a tank. (close to 25 MPG)

yeah listen i really don't know much about this but my MPG just says AVERAGE 20 all the time... i do highway but its not more then like 15 min. there is no winter weather or winter tires. no extra weight...and i do like 60 on highway which is not that fast!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also you could be used to having a bigger tank on your older cars.. ours is only 13.7 gallons. So it seems like your using more but your really not

well yeah i drove a 95 camaro v6! but still it seems like im still driving the camaro i would fill up the tank like once a week and it didn't even wasted that much of gas!!! and now in the koup in acouple of days its like crazy!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
try reseting the avg mpg next time you fill up... and keeping track of your mileage and manaully calculate. My forte didn't hit optimal mpg until after it was broken in. I get between 26 and 32 normally, my best was 35 on a long hwy roadtrip. If the car is broken in and your manual calculations match the monitor then I'd take it in for service and see what they say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
try reseting the avg mpg next time you fill up... and keeping track of your mileage and manaully calculate. My forte didn't hit optimal mpg until after it was broken in. I get between 26 and 32 normally, my best was 35 on a long hwy roadtrip. If the car is broken in and your manual calculations match the monitor then I'd take it in for service and see what they say.

well i only have 600 miles on my car... so i guess is not broken in yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I didn't see the mpg level out until about 1200 mi. Have almost 10,000 mi on it now and the mpg is pretty predictable... bout 380 mi per tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts