Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at this kit as recommended in this DIY thread. I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone added this kit to an EX without painting the panels? I'm not sure if the gloss black would work with the flat black on the EX. Is anyone could post pics of
  2. In painting the fog light panels, I assume it would involve scuffing them up and using an automotive grade flat black rattle can. Any tips on getting the paint applied evenly despite all the crevices?
  3. Has anyone managed to connect them to a dash-mounted switch of any sort? Is it possible to replace the turn signal stalk with an SX stalk and wire them up?
  4. Are there any better bulb options than the stock 881? I'm talking functional here, rather than funky color effects. LED?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180498160928

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i didnt paint mine and nobody has said anything to me about why theyre gloss and nothing else so i assume nobody can tell. but if you did paint them, i would imagine you would need to scuff them and then you'll also have to maintain it because more than likely, theyre gunna get hit from rocks and they'll chip it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Well, I've considered buying an aftermarket grill at some point as well, so maybe it would incorporate some glossy black elements to tie it together a bit.

·
Banned
203 Posts
You can buy switches at any auto store, when I do this mod I think I'm going to wire them up to my low beams, I like the look when there
Both on:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
where can you buy the fogs, and how much would a kia dealer charge?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Ebay, and I doubt a dealer would install an ebay part.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes, eBay is your cheapest and best option, and the parts are OEM. I ordered the panels and lamp housings from there. I also got a glossy grille from there, so I couldn't comment on the painting. I had them professionally installed and they wired them to a separate switch in the little slot on the lower left of the dash by the steering wheel. I had bought a stock light light switch (or stalk), but they couldn't be wired to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, eBay is your cheapest and best option, and the parts are OEM. I ordered the panels and lamp housings from there. I also got a glossy grille from there, so I couldn't comment on the painting. I had them professionally installed and they wired them to a separate switch in the little slot on the lower left of the dash by the steering wheel. I had bought a stock light light switch (or stalk), but they couldn't be wired to it.
did you get both the housing/panels from the guy in korea? did all the parts fit properly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts