Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to ask if it's possible to change the shift knob of the 6 spd MT for an aftermarket one, and how to remove the stock knob?. Is there any brand out there that has a specific knob for the kia? Most of this is because of the the lever that you pull up to shift to reverse. Any body change their shift knob??? pics would be great if you have them....thanks:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Turn the knob counter clock-wise. There are many venders on here that sell shift knobs, check 'em out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. As far as vendors goes I know you could get a lot of aftermarket products out there but I'm concern about the reverse lever whether a new knob won't interfere with it

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey man, I have an aftermarket shift knob. Its from TWM Performance who is a site sponsor and sells short shifters as well. I do not have a picture but its a weighted round knob that is engraved with the gears. It is compatible with the reverse lock so check them out. And to remove the knob just unscrew it (righty tighty, lefty loosey)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Youll find that many shift knobs use the same thread. My knob is Tuscani, from a Hyundai Tiburon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
sorry to bring this back up...but about the manual shifters...i know twm got them but over $100 for a knob is a bit pricey

anyone know where i can get something "cheaper" lol yes im a cheapskate thats why i got myself a KIA, jk jk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any Aftermarket shift knob with a pitch thread same as the KIA will fit.

sorry to bring this back up...but about the manual shifters...i know twm got them but over $100 for a knob is a bit pricey

anyone know where i can get something "cheaper" lol yes im a cheapskate thats why i got myself a KIA, jk jk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It should say if it is reverse lock out compatible.... I think shark racing has a cheap aluminum one, I think it's like 25-35 dollars.

2,213 Posts
i got an aftermarket knob... pic is in my garage. i totally forgot where i got it from, soulfull racing or something like that. its got a nice weight to it too

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
^^ depending on how big the bottom of that shifter is, the reverse lockouts collar should slide right over.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Forte LXS
33 Posts
I got a green skull knob that people have probably seen in autozone. Sells for like 13 bucks the only issue is its held in with a rubber cap and 3 screws that don't always stay tight on the auto shiftstick. Still looks bad a** tho lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts