Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still love being a proud member of Kia Nation!

So the questions...

1. Getting my windows tinted next week, and thinking of doing the tail lites too. I have a bright silver sedan, and figured it would look cleaner. The question is, for those of you that have done it...does it make it hard for other drivers to see the lights? I don't want to be on a freeway on a bright day and someone to nail me because they didn't see me hit the brakes. Or the reverse lights for matter.

2. I turn off the TCS every time i get in, saw it on a post someone made. It drives better and even improves my gas mileage a bit. Anyone figure out how to make it stay off all the time unless I want it on? Or am i just going to be pushing the button for the next 10 years of this car?

3. I listen to music through the MP3 system from my flash drive. Anyone figure out how to make the All Random stay on all the time?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No love? Is it because I have a sedan and all you Koup peeps look down on us : p. I am mostly curious about the tinted tail lites. Someone as to be able to answer this : ).

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I can answer #3 for you. NO, does that help? lol!

I've been in contact with KIA on this issue since it's the only stereo OEM or aftermarket that I've seen with this problem. I suggest everyone call or email Consumer Affairs Canada [email protected] / Toll free 1-877-542-2886. or in the US http://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs/PortalJSP/Portal.jsp?t=9%3A58%3A47+20%2F2010+ or Consumer Assistance Center
800 - 333 - 4KIA (4542) and report this issue.

With enough complaints, they should come out with a software update for this problem.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Still love being a proud member of Kia Nation!

So the questions...

1. Getting my windows tinted next week, and thinking of doing the tail lites too. I have a bright silver sedan, and figured it would look cleaner. The question is, for those of you that have done it...does it make it hard for other drivers to see the lights? I don't want to be on a freeway on a bright day and someone to nail me because they didn't see me hit the brakes. Or the reverse lights for matter.

2. I turn off the TCS every time i get in, saw it on a post someone made. It drives better and even improves my gas mileage a bit. Anyone figure out how to make it stay off all the time unless I want it on? Or am i just going to be pushing the button for the next 10 years of this car?

3. I listen to music through the MP3 system from my flash drive. Anyone figure out how to make the All Random stay on all the time?
if you get it tuned then maybe the tuner can keep the tcs from turning on automatically everytime car starts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the answers. What I figured, thank you very much for the confirmation?

Anyone on the tinted tail lites? Going to get the car tinted on Tuesday (mad stoked).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, it will make your taillights harder to see. look at cars with tinted windows, is it harder to see in the car? same concept.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that I figured blackwatch, but it is different when brake lights are coming on. I'm just curious how much the stock stuff will show through. Do people not even consider this unless they put in LED's? I just don't want to be rammed into from the back.

Perhaps I should just pass on the tinted lites and just do the windows.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My tail lights are tinted pretty dark. I have been pulled over and had cops follow me during the day and they have not said anything about the tail lights. I usually drive during the day with my lights on and you can still see the brake lights and turn signals blinking. It probably helps that I have a spoiler with a 3rd brake light that is really bright. At night time you really can not even notice that my lights are tinted. Also, the reverse lights are bright and white enough that they clearly show through the tint. I would say go for it and get those tail lights tinted. At least you can always peel tint off it it becomes an issue.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes, it will make your taillights harder to see. look at cars with tinted windows, is it harder to see in the car? same concept.....

ah-i am sure someone has the correct explanation of what i am about to say

its not a valid comparison- because you are not shining light from inside your car to outside- the ratio of light outside the car vs light to inside the car is way different.

if you were to get a mag lite and hold it to the tinted window- and hold a 2nd flash light outside the window- if you were 300 feet away- the variance btwn the two flashlights wouldnt be very apparent esp at night.

*and 300 feet is the law here in fla- that your turn/tail/brake/headlights have to be able to be seen in full daylight

·
Registered
567 Posts
You're tail lights will be a bit darker yes, but if someone can't see them, they shouldn't be driving in the first place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol Joeshicklets. Thanks for the continued comments. Sounds like tinted tail lights are back on. I was mostly worried about day driving on the freeway, and I think jakeabbott pretty much cleared that one up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.