Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not seen these discussed on this Forum, so I thought I would share with you all something I have used on my other vehicles for 10+ years.

These install in place of your OEM oil drain plug. Ending any fear of you or some grease monkey stripping out your oil pan.

And before anyone even thinks to mention the possibility of damage from debris or something. In over a million miles of combined driving I have not had one fail me yet.

I prefer the "N" models since they have nipples that allow a hose to be attached and run to your used oil container. This eliminates any mess. I leave my hoses attached on my other cars and just tuck them up out of the way.

To drain the oil you just rotate the valve 90 degrees, drain, rotate back. It IS that easy.

Price: $26.95

not sure, but some KIAs require this adaptor....I have not been under there yet to verify one way or the other.

Price: $7.00

if it does I would just buy the combo model

Price: $33.95

QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil

If anyone is interested you can order them with a 10% dicount I found CODE: YM4

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found this today on their site

The Engine Oil Drain Valve has been tested and granted "Genuine Parts" status by 5 major motor vehicle manufacturers in Japan, including Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Isuzu. These approvals were not granted easily and gaining them was a testimony to the quality and durability of Engine Oil Drain Valve.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I bought one for my Nissan Sentra that I used to have but never put it on - too bad it's not the same size!

Probably throw it on the wife's RAV4 since I intend on taking some oil samples, much easier with the valve.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but it'd be more appropriate to ask it on here. I ordered the valve and got it today along with the safety clip that goes on it. My question is this: is that clip really needed for a daily driving (on roads) scenario? I understand it's just an extra safety thing, but I feel like the valve by itself will be fine. I can't see it vibrating loose even on some of the rougher roads around here. Anyone use this clip? Or just not worried about it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
What if a rock or some debris in the road hits that lever? If it leaks oil you are only going to have a few seconds to stop the engine.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but it'd be more appropriate to ask it on here. I ordered the valve and got it today along with the safety clip that goes on it. My question is this: is that clip really needed for a daily driving (on roads) scenario? I understand it's just an extra safety thing, but I feel like the valve by itself will be fine. I can't see it vibrating loose even on some of the rougher roads around here. Anyone use this clip? Or just not worried about it?
I don't think the clip is necessary for road driving. If you were rock crawling or plowing a field w/ this on a tractor then yes.

What if a rock or some debris in the road hits that lever? If it leaks oil you are only going to have a few seconds to stop the engine.
Not gonna happen. Unless of course that debris grows hands, pushes up on and rotates the lever itself. That would be quite a feat. It takes a little effort to begin the draining process so it just wont happen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This is pretty awesome. I want one. Can anyone confirm if you can order the plug on it's own or do we need that adapter?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You can order the plug alone. I have one w/ adapter (maybe 2) if anyone wants one for a little cheaper than they sell them for on their website. I bought them for out cars but we ended up w/ oil changes for life thru the dealer and they don't want it on there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So what's the verdict on these? really having issues the the stupid crush washer not working. I figure this would be a fix and done. no replacing crush washers again.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
So what's the verdict on these? really having issues the the stupid crush washer not working. I figure this would be a fix and done. no replacing crush washers again.
I've had mine on for the past few months and absolutely no problems

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you put the washer on that sandwhiches between the pan and plug?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes i did... but i had the leak before i change as well. and yes i used the crush washers... What about permatex between the new quickvalve and the oil pan? I do not plan on removing it anyway once it is in its final position.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump for the new peeps

I am now using these on 5 vehicles. 2 of which have been in use for over 5 years. Not once has one of them either leaked or broke.

Jesskia....you probably have bad threads..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts