Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an LOC at walmart the only one they had was $17 and looks a little more complicated than the one people use on here.

From what i understand i only need to tap into one set of wires and ill have active RCA's?

Ill be getting behind my Head Unit and velcroing this somehwere back there. are there any tips or things i should know?

IS there a certain wire i should tap into? i was thinking the rear but i would love to have a little more independant control but yea...

Please any other tips are greatly appreciative. ill be removing all my panels as you read this i will be checking and writing frequently

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
You should probably tap at least the left and right. That way if a bass note goes fade L or R for some reason, you won't lose it. I also think it would be best to mount it in the rear and tap the rear speakers. You'll have a longer power run but shorter run to your amp. There are a few VERY detailed DIYs located in this forum, if you need more detailed info, check them and you are likely to find answers to all your questions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked and found some but just had these additional questions.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You should probably tap at least the left and right. That way if a bass note goes fade L or R for some reason, you won't lose it. I also think it would be best to mount it in the rear and tap the rear speakers. You'll have a longer power run but shorter run to your amp. There are a few VERY detailed DIYs located in this forum, if you need more detailed info, check them and you are likely to find answers to all your questions.
What did you mean by this?

And do you plan on running a highs amp or just a sub? If just a sub tap into the L and R rear as close to the head unit as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Mount LOC behind HU = Short Power/Long RCA to amp in trunk
Mount LOC in trunk with own power = Longer and redundant power run/Short RCA to amp
Mount LOC in trunk with split power to amp = shortest power to LOC and to amp

It doesn't sound like he is running a highs amp or a lone sub, if he purchased an LOC.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Bah, read your other post and the LOC you have is passive, so throw all that out the window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts