Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT. Black.
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here.
I literally just installed the RaceChip GTS on my 2021 Forte GT and drove the hell out of it. Wow is all I can say. They say its 100% safe but I'm a little skeptical. It runs very smooth on the highest map, but it really pushes the boost. Not sure how many psi, but it must be at least 5lbs more over stock. It will actually break the tires hard from a roll. I'm surprised that it added so much power.
Hopefully there are no issues running it. time will tell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The racechip looks pretty great, but definitely concerned with the higher chip models. Factory write-up on the transmission says it has a max torque capacity of about 250ft/lbs, which the base model S of the chip already hits. But you hear people running modded out Fortes and Velosters at numbers well beyond that with no issue.

Definitely keep us updated. Really wanting a chip for myself and curious how people are doing with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought an ultra-gauge awhile back for my Cruze to keep an eye on actual coolant temp (the Cruze had a dummy gauge). It was also useful for watching air intake temps, boost pressure, timing advance, etc. If you don't yet have a way to read the info from the OBDII port, you should look into something like that. I like the wired gauge personally.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte gt
1 Posts
I’m new to the forum I installed a race chip s in my 2020 dct gt the car has a muffler delete tork ram air tork intercooler resonator delete tork oil catch can kit stock plugs gapped at 0.28 and a add w1 bov you can def feel a difference even with the race chip s series

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome thread to read through, thank you!

Mad i missed the guy selling the Racechip S last month. Missed it by a day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m new to the forum I installed a race chip s in my 2020 dct gt the car has a muffler delete tork ram air tork intercooler resonator delete tork oil catch can kit stock plugs gapped at 0.28 and a add w1 bov you can def feel a difference even with the race chip s series
I'm more interested in the subs you have in the trunk. You don't need 100 amp fuse like that for an LED light bar I know that much.

·
Premium Member
2021 Fort GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Interior Light - Remote Start
28 Posts
I'm new here.
I literally just installed the RaceChip GTS on my 2021 Forte GT and drove the hell out of it. Wow is all I can say. They say its 100% safe but I'm a little skeptical. It runs very smooth on the highest map, but it really pushes the boost. Not sure how many psi, but it must be at least 5lbs more over stock. It will actually break the tires hard from a roll. I'm surprised that it added so much power.
Hopefully there are no issues running it. time will tell.
I really hope it works fine because I just ordered one GTS + App. According to my other member's comments, I will also change the plugs. Are there any other recommendations from the more experienced members?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I really hope it works fine because I just ordered one GTS + App. According to my other member's comments, I will also change the plugs. Are there any other recommendations from the more experienced members?

Cheers!
...and we'll be waiting to hear what you think of it...LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been running the GTS with stock everything, max tune, and 93 octane since day 1 (33 miles on the car). Pulls nice but it definitely has some surging with the max "7" power setting. It smooths out and becomes more consistent when I run it in 6. Nonetheless, it works well. What works the best is the Eco mode. I did a 70 mile drive one way in eco and back with the chip off, and there was a difference. In Eco I got close to 39mpg, without the chip, around 36mpg.

Would I buy it? Sure, as long as its on sale. I had this unit on my Camaro 2.0T and just asked racechip for new cables and a new tune for the Forte and they sent it ASAP, just had to pay for shipping. That alone was worth it IMO.

Hope this helps. Not sure if changing plugs would help reduce the random boost in the 7 setting, might swap them out and see how it runs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE- I have no idea if the GTS chip is too much for the tranny. If I push it, I get massive front wheel spin and no traction, even from a low mph roll. I ordered some Eibach springs and a stage1 Chassis from Evilla Motor Sports. Hopefully some rigidity will keep the tires on the ground.

I personally feel that I have hit that, "no turning back" level of mods and after suspension the tranny will be next. At that point it becomes a fuq it, go big turbo and build the bottom end, right?

I will keep you all posted, as my wife has given me a $800 a month allowance on car stuff, lol.

And thank GD we got some justice for George!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
UPDATE- I have no idea if the GTS chip is too much for the tranny. If I push it, I get massive front wheel spin and no traction, even from a low mph roll. I ordered some Eibach springs and a stage1 Chassis from Evilla Motor Sports. Hopefully some rigidity will keep the tires on the ground.

I personally feel that I have hit that, "no turning back" level of mods and after suspension the tranny will be next. At that point it becomes a fuq it, go big turbo and build the bottom end, right?

I will keep you all posted, as my wife has given me a $800 a month allowance on car stuff, lol.

And thank GD we got some justice for George!
Woooo, don't scare me! I received mine yesterday. I don't know if the installation is "plug & play" or "PLUG & PRAY". The HKS plugs will come later this week. I can't go creacy with this one, technically is my wife's car. And she hates sport cars. Any changes must be subtles, so the mods can't be obvious to her. LOL

I've been in your shoes before. When you get to the point of no return. It happened to me in 2001 with my E39 M5. Brand new, out of the box, and went I go to some track day. First, the tires suffered a lot, then the breaks didn't seem to be enough on the track, the intakes, cat-back, strut bars, new chip programming, needed a camber plate for my front wheels, and my mechanic installed a whole coil-over system, a new differential, 4 point seat belts, Brembo big brakes, then new lightweight wheels (SSR Competition, 6 of them + the 4 original) pair with new Michelling Pilot Sport Cup 2 (gone in one track day).... and I lost count.

The Pilot Sport in just one track day. Hence the need for the camber plate. After the camber plate (plus the coilovers) we turn 1.5 to 2.0 negative camber and tires starte to last a bit longer. haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still have factory plugs. I tired 89 octane and the boost didn't seem consistent. I switched to 92 and I don't really see a reason to add plugs. It's just using better gas and more open air from intake, and straightening out the bottle necks in the exhaust, which really are only the resonator and the factory muffler.... Even the turbo elbow and downpipe don't look as restrictive as other turbo cars I have ownowned in the past, although I will eventually replace it too.

Do the plugs really make a difference? With Supras it was pure rumor, because factory plugs we really the best even on high hp builds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have factory plugs. I tired 89 octane and the boost didn't seem consistent. I switched to 92 and I don't really see a reason to add plugs. It's just using better gas and more open air from intake, and straightening out the bottle necks in the exhaust, which really are only the resonator and the factory muffler.... Even the turbo elbow and downpipe don't look as restrictive as other turbo cars I have ownowned in the past, although I will eventually replace it too.

Do the plugs really make a difference? With Supras it was pure rumor, because factory plugs we really the best even on high hp builds.
Agree with you. I have 93 here in NJ and always use it with no issues. I did re-gap the stock plugs down to .022 out of precaution. Took all of 10 minutes to do. I am unsure of what to add next in the search for "things to do" with the car. I already have a Evilla midpipe with stock exhaust, and the Racechip. Maybe an intake? Maybe swaybars? Maybe better tires to actually put down the power in 1st and 2nd?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts

Thanks for your comment. I'm (as say before) in "input mode". Learning from all of you guys. Since I already ordered the plugs I will be well serviced if at least they won't cause problems. I also have a question or two about intake, if they all make the "swoosh" sound. I don't want to go off-topic, where should I post about intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I may be wrong, but most cone filters that eliminate the resonator box seem to make the turbo swoosh noticable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agree with you. I have 93 here in NJ and always use it with no issues. I did re-gap the stock plugs down to .022 out of precaution. Took all of 10 minutes to do. I am unsure of what to add next in the search for "things to do" with the car. I already have a Evilla midpipe with stock exhaust, and the Racechip. Maybe an intake? Maybe swaybars? Maybe better tires to actually put down the power in 1st and 2nd?
I couple days ago I ordered the Evilla stage 1 chassis. It's only 365 and comes with front strut tower brace, rear sway bar, and tie bar. I ordered the Eibach springs to go with it. From last experience suspension set ups don't work unless done in tandem. Again though, I'm no expert.. just and old man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts