Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in PA and travel to NJ. I was wondering if there were any public race tracks to see how fast my car really is. If there is a fee how much?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesn't matter... just want to go fast!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The park is located in Millville NJ. I live about 15 minutes from theeir and go to the park for the Grand AM Rolex, superbike, ARCA and Ferrari races. A firend of mine ( a sponsor) gets me free tickets for the weekend events..Nice track...I have driven my wifes Audi around the service track which runs around the perimeter of the tracks ( two of them) Thunderbolt and Lightning, and that itself is a blast. There are certain days you can go on the track with a pace car. I believe you need to make some donations for a good cause. Check their website out ...they also have a Kart racing track.

·
Registered
519 Posts
lancaster NY has a drag strip.. idk how far that is from you

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey we need to have a meetup at one of these tracks sometime soon. Whaddya say?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we should def have a meet at the place in Millville,NJ that toml was talking about. Toml if we get maybe 10 people to go, do u think we could get in at a good price through your friend. BTW what is the name of their website. CopueWithA"K" the place that u gave me is pretty expensive, but the place is really nice!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Its not fast you don't have to go a track to find out. If you have mods like turbos, suspension mods etc etc I could understand but I think it would be a waste of $$ for a koup with little to no mods. No offense... I've owned 500+ hp VR4s and Stealth with tons of mods and never tracked them, I knew they were fast.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its not fast... I think it would be a waste of $$ for a koup with little to no mods. No offense...
Hey Chester, no offense taken, and I respectfully disagree. I can certainly see from your standpoint after owning some great pieces of machinery that it might be boring for you, but for an every day joe like myself, it would be fun to open it up on a track without stressing about the police hiding somewhere and the possibility of a huge fine! I personally have never gone more than 90-95 MPH in any car I've owned. Yeah, you're right, it probably won't be a thrill of a lifetime for me to go even 100+ in my Koup, but I'd love to push it a little and see what it can do.:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh I love driving the koup.. My 1st car with ABS, TCS and Butt Warmers haha..I'd like to see someone run a stock koup then do runs after coilovers and BBK, and then do a run with them and the turbo. I would how traction would be after the addition of 150+ hp. Turbokits Do IT!

·
Registered
201 Posts
WOW! I just realized that Millville is 230 miles from me!!:eek: But hey, if we could turn it into a meet, I'd do it in a heartbeat to hang and meet some of you guys.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh I love driving the koup.. My 1st car with ABS, TCS and Butt Warmers haha..I'd like to see someone run a stock koup then do runs after coilovers and BBK, and then do a run with them and the turbo. I would how traction would be after the addition of 150+ hp. Turbokits Do IT!

That would be awesome... maybe we could get one of each out there and play a little to make it interesting!

·
Registered
708 Posts
theres englishtown raceway, island dragway, and atco

island is by PA by the del water gap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.