Kia Forte Forum banner

Racechip GTS Tuning for Kia Forte GT: Worth It?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 Kia Forte GT (manual), and i'm leaning towards Racechip tuning it. However, it appears that Racechip does not have a GTS available for a "2021" model, yet. I'm pretty sure I read there were no changes "mechanically" from the 2020 to the 2021. Can anyone confirm that? Also, does that mean a Racechip that worked on the 2020 Forte GT would work on the 2021? I have emails in with Racechip and Panda Motorworks, so I assume I'll get an answer soon; but, if anyone already knows that answer and would care to share it, that would be great. And one more thing: I'd love to hear some "honest" feedback from any of you that have tuned your Forte GT's with the Racechip GTS. Good? Bad? Safe? Worth it? I'm looking for "honest" advice to make the best choices. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Kia Forte GT (manual), and i'm leaning towards Racechip tuning it. However, it appears that Racechip does not have a GTS available for a "2021" model, yet. I'm pretty sure I read there were no changes "mechanically" from the 2020 to the 2021. Can anyone confirm that? Also, does that mean a Racechip that worked on the 2020 Forte GT would work on the 2021? I have emails in with Racechip and Panda Motorworks, so I assume I'll get an answer soon; but, if anyone already knows that answer and would care to share it, that would be great. And one more thing: I'd love to hear some "honest" feedback from any of you that have tuned your Forte GT's with the Racechip GTS. Good? Bad? Safe? Worth it? I'm looking for "honest" advice to make the best choices. Thanks!
I have the 21 manual racechip works fine mechanically were identical to the 19 and 20, I tuned mine and tbh shits fun you get more power obviously lol, is it safe? Tbh any modding isn’t really “safe” everything comes with a risk that isn’t OEM it’s your car your choice you know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 21 manual racechip works fine mechanically were identical to the 19 and 20, I tuned mine and tbh shits fun you get more power obviously lol, is it safe? Tbh any modding isn’t really “safe” everything comes with a risk that isn’t OEM it’s your car your choice you know
Thanks, I appreciate the honest feedback. I most likely will wait a bit before I jump right in, but I do want to "explore" the viability of the idea to get enough input to make a good risk vs reward decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the risk that you are worried about? Do you own the vehicle, if so, are you planning on keeping it after the warranty expires? Is it a lease?

My thoughts: my 21 is a lease and I have the racechip gts since day 3 of ownership. The risk of something "breaking" or going wrong is unknown but so is the risk of something going wrong without the racechip. If something does go wrong, take the unit off and bring it to the dealer. While the car is in warranty I will have no hesitation to modify, then just revert to stock when it's time to turn in or sell at the end of ownership. Just my $.02

·
Registered
34 Posts
JB4 if you want it done right.

Racechip if you're a baller on a budget and don't really care for proper performance or reliability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Racechip if you're a baller on a budget and don't really care for proper performance or reliability.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion-I'll have to check that out. I think I read that a JB4 is hard to get in California where I live, though.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Honesty without good intent is just acrimonious, caustic forum fodder. I'm sure you understand the difference. As i said, to be expected, though.
I get you now. You ask for OPINIONS and if the OPINION IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT "it's just acrimonious, caustic forum fodder".

I'll keep that in mind whenever I see your posts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get you now. You ask for OPINIONS and if the OPINION IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT "it's just acrimonious, caustic forum fodder".

I'll keep that in mind whenever I see your posts.
No, an "opinion" would be something like you saying: "Personally, I think it's stupid for you to tune your Forte GT." What you did, which I see on forums all the time, is give a snarky response that has nothing to do with being legitimately helpful; and only had to do with you being an arrogant, detached shithead. If you don't understand and/or appreciate the difference, then you fit the bill.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
No, an "opinion" would be something like you saying: "Personally, I think it's stupid for you to tune your Forte GT." What you did, which I see on forums all the time, is give a snarky response that has nothing to do with being legitimately helpful; and only had to do with you being an arrogant, detached shithead. If you don't understand and/or appreciate the difference, then you fit the bill.
Telling you to make a decision about your own car is a snarky response? LOL!

In your next post please include your "opinion-parameters requirements" so everyone will know what they can or can't say and prevent triggering you again. wouldn't want you to go into another hissy fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Telling you to make a decision about your own car is a snarky response? LOL!

In your next post please include your "opinion-parameters requirements" so everyone will know what they can or can't say and prevent triggering you again. wouldn't want you to go into another hissy fit.
Listen, we could go back n' forth forever. However, the bottom line is this: When you say something like " If you play...don't complain if you have to pay," you're making a snarky, pointed statement that is not intended to be helpful-it is intended to show contempt. i could care less if we continue to argue, I care more about you taking responsibility for your behaviour, because I strongly suspect this is a general reflection of your overall nature. And people like you are not "helpful" to other people in the ways that best serve others through productive forum use. You can rationalize your response anyway you want but, in the end, you were being an arrogant shithead-not constructive or helpful. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Listen, we could go back n' forth forever. However, the bottom line is this: When you say something like " If you play...don't complain if you have to pay," you're making a snarky, pointed statement that is not intended to be helpful-it is intended to show contempt. i could care less if we continue to argue, I care more about you taking responsibility for your behaviour, because I strongly suspect this is a general reflection of your overall nature. And people like you are not "helpful" to other people in the ways that best serve others through productive forum use. You can rationalize your response anyway you want but, in the end, you were being an arrogant shithead-not constructive or helpful. Plain and simple.
You have made me realize I was not being honest in my first response.

Please accept this as my initial response:

You are the typical lazy poster that forums have to suffer from. Your first post after joining this forum was not a greeting; no, rather you wanted everyone to come to you and waste their time typing to describe their experiences, problems, and successes on something you are interested in. You are too damned lazy to peruse the forums for the information you want...and there are plenty of posts on this subject.

Plain and simple...and honest.

Oh, and welcome to forteforums.

P.S. In the future when you feel the need to require everyone to answer to you...make sure it's not your "time of the month".

·
Registered
15 Posts
I need more beer for this one. If you think wanting to tune the 1.6 is complicated try finding stuff for thr 2.0 like me lol

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Darn, I let Bluesonnic67's temper tantrum keep me from making my last post helpful:

Sorry about that!

Here's a helpful hint:

THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND...learn how to use it.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT
8 Posts
Agreed, Panda is a great company. I ordered my AEM intake, front license plate mount and a few more odds and ends from them. Always a great experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts