Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im interested in black painting the roof of my Red Kia Koup but i've never seen one so im a little scared it might just look really bad. If someone has some pictures please upload them so i can have a clear idea how it gonna look. Any opinions are welcome.

Also another question:

Paint or Vinyl and why?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Go PAINT!

Vinyl is not as glossy as paint or the sunroof and is a pita to keep clean!

If I was to do it again I'll choose paint in a heartbeat!!!

My 2 cents

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
paint it. you'll never go back once it's done. Your rectangular glass sunroof will blend right in too.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Id say in any case to paint it, because vinyl will not be glossy, hard to keep clean, and it WILL bubble up over time.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Good choice!!! That's what I did and I def do NOT regret it:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warlock's Koup is sick!! The guy at the paintshop told me it'll be $200 300 ish at max. You guys help alot! I decided paint just because like most of you told me, it' not glossy at all, and in person dosent look that cool as paint. IMO

Thanks Again

·
Banned
75 Posts
not if done with the right film, and done professionally ;)

·
Banned
75 Posts
Warlock's Koup is sick!! The guy at the paintshop told me it'll be $200 300 ish at max. You guys help alot! I decided paint just because like most of you told me, it' not glossy at all, and in person dosent look that cool as paint. IMO

Thanks Again
My last car was smoked with paint, my koup with vinyl... vinyl over paint any day. paint fades, vinyl looks more professional, and if you get the right film, it will be glossy and it won't bubble. Just had my koup completely smoked out with vinyl llumar film and it looks fucking fantastic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah my roof is painted black and side mirrors are black too .. I still need to do the door handles black as well to complete it but I love it! Looks tite as hell

Do it you won't regret it :)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
To OP: The main thing here is to get quality product. I know (being a paint tech.) that quality black paint could stand up to any wheather for many year without any defect sign. I cannot say for vinyl.
Mine was professionaly wrap with 3M vinyl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.