Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hard wired their radar detector, such as the Valentine 1? I did a search and didn't see anything mentioned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just mount mine on the deck with 3m tape and plug it in the cigarette outlet. Would be nice to have a professional look though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know this may not apply to you, but this is a heads up to Ontarians:

Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
79,1 In this section, "speed measuring warning device" means and device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to warn the driver of the presence of speed measuring equipment in the vicinity and includes any device or equipment designed or intended for use in a motor vehicle to interfere with the effective operation of speed measuring equipment.
79,2 No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle that is equipped with or that carries or contains a speed measuring warning device.
79,3 A police officer may at any time, without a warrant, stop, enter and search a motor vehicle that he or she has reasonable ground to believe is equipped with or carries or contains a speed measuring warning device contrary to subsection (2) and may seize and take away any speed measuring warning device found in or upon the motor vehicle.
Every person who contravenes subsection (2) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $100 and not more than $1000. Normally the fine for associated for having a radar detector is approximately 175 dollars and there are no demerit points associated with this ticket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, some cool stuff. I am just looking for more of a cleaner install with the power supply and not having the cord hanging. The V1 gets use between cars so i really don't need the dedicated mirror. I was thinking about tapping into the map light source but trying to avoid ripping into this car too much so soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts