Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Forte
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and found it trying to hopefully find help and answers to help me figure out what is going on with my 2011 Kia forte's radio. It started like a month or 2 ago where all the sudden my radio turned on and off the Bluetooth kicks on and off and tells me to please say a command and than eventually cancel and it has the real obnoxious beep noise that I can't get rid of, for awhile it was changing the language and saying things I haven't heard my Bluetooth say before, for a bit I thought I was going crazy but than while on the phone with the Kia dealership they heard it and bc I was having other things done I didn't even think to have them look at it nor could I afford to pay the cost to have them look it over. Has anyone else had this experience? If so please help me cuz when driving long distances in silence or having to risk it going off when it wants is to much
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
You could try cleaning the bluetooth/audio buttons on the steering wheel, it's possible they're making contact at some points. I also had a similar problem where I would push the next/previous track button or volume up/down and that dreadful BEEP would blast over the speakers. You can turn down the volume of the beep. If I remember correctly to do that, you need to press the Speak button on the steering wheel and then use the volume down button on the steering wheel to turn down the Bluetooth volume.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Forte
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could try cleaning the bluetooth/audio buttons on the steering wheel, it's possible they're making contact at some points. I also had a similar problem where I would push the next/previous track button or volume up/down and that dreadful BEEP would blast over the speakers. You can turn down the volume of the beep. If I remember correctly to do that, you need to press the Speak button on the steering wheel and then use the volume down button on the steering wheel to turn down the Bluetooth volume.
Thank you for the response. I'm going to def. try this tomorrow morning, the beep is god awful lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have Bluetooth in my 2011, but something else that also eventually wears out is the clockspring cable. If you're also having trouble with airbag warning lights, horn sometimes not working or similar, it could be the clockspring cable.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Clock spring aka steering wheel angle sensor requires removing the steering wheel airbag, the steering wheel to get ti the steering wheel angle sensor "clockspring". These are one time use. The ZIF cables break.

MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY & MAKE SURE THERE'S NO LEFT OVER/STORED/RESIDUAL CHARGE IN SYSTEM BEFORE MESSING WITH ANY PART OF SRS & AIRBAGS!

to remove airbag & steering wheel. Look under:
2010 Forte Koup SX airbag/SRS DTC's & codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts