Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I usually just troll the pages until I find my answer, but I can't seem to figure this one out. My radio quit working yesterday and has no sound, there is power but no sound, and it's not the mute or any other buttons. I read that some people have pulled the fuses and put back in to work, but this didn't work for me. Anyone have some ideas on what I can try next?:frown2:

edit: it's on a 2012 kia forte koup SX too

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all, I usually just troll the pages until I find my answer, but I can't seem to figure this one out. My radio quit working yesterday and has no sound, there is power but no sound, and it's not the mute or any other buttons. I read that some people have pulled the fuses and put back in to work, but this didn't work for me. Anyone have some ideas on what I can try next?:frown2:

edit: it's on a 2012 kia forte koup SX too
Not sure which radio that you have, but the non-navi UVO radios with the bluetooth and whatnot have a lot of software problems. The dealership told me that a software update should be coming in the near future but it's been months and still nothing. Mine always has trouble connecting to my phone, the satellite radio option will just disappear, subwoofers will randomly disconnect, CD won't even register, etc. However, there is a small little reset button next to the eject button on your CD player; Although it could be somewhere else if you have a different version radio. You'll need a pen or something small to push the button but hold it for a few seconds and it should hopefully reset itself and fix the problems (until the next time). I drive with a pen in my center console because of how frequently I experience these problems. I would imagine that it does the same thing as disconnecting/reconnecting the fuse so it might not fix your problem but the system COULD possibly have like a cache of problems that save to the unit until the actual reset button is pressed. Doesn't hurt to try, right? I would replace it with an aftermarket navi headunit if it didn't mean sacrificing the factory backup camera and steering wheel/bluetooth functionality. Hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find the reset button, but I took it to the dealer and it's the radio that's broken, which is covered by my extended warranty, so that's a plus. Funny thing is when I took it in, there was a girl with a newer 4-door forte with the same problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you turn off the ignition before ending a call on the Bluetooth the radio gets confused.. turn car on and connect to Bluetooth then make a call and end it. Should solve it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wish that were the case. It's usually a matter of entering/re-entering the car and the phone not connecting; or rather the phone connecting but when I go to switch inputs the input is not available even though it is most definitely connected. Even after turning the car and bluetooth off and trying to reconnect again it still does the same thing until I press the reset button on my dash. Kia actually sent me an e-mail about a month ago to check off and report the problems that I was experiencing (if any) and all of them were listed on the report. It's something to do with the UVO software and microsoft not doing a very good job with it. Kia is very aware of the issue though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure which radio that you have, but the non-navi UVO radios with the bluetooth and whatnot have a lot of software problems. The dealership told me that a software update should be coming in the near future but it's been months and still nothing. Mine always has trouble connecting to my phone, the satellite radio option will just disappear, subwoofers will randomly disconnect, CD won't even register, etc. However, there is a small little reset button next to the eject button on your CD player; Although it could be somewhere else if you have a different version radio. You'll need a pen or something small to push the button but hold it for a few seconds and it should hopefully reset itself and fix the problems (until the next time). I drive with a pen in my center console because of how frequently I experience these problems. I would imagine that it does the same thing as disconnecting/reconnecting the fuse so it might not fix your problem but the system COULD possibly have like a cache of problems that save to the unit until the actual reset button is pressed. Doesn't hurt to try, right? I would replace it with an aftermarket navi headunit if it didn't mean sacrificing the factory backup camera and steering wheel/bluetooth functionality. Hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have Kia Forte 2014 non-navi, there is an issue with the Bluetooth. Whenever I try to pair my phone, it says Bluetooth is not ready please wait. I went to the dealer to reset it, but unfortunately they didn’t find the button to do it!! There is any suggestion for that problem!! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts