Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang, Does anyone know the approx watts output for the five door radio 6 speaker system. I am wanting to replace the stock speakers but i don't want to install a set the radio can't handle..

·
Registered
16 Posts
as a certified installer, though out of the business for a few years, I can tell you that replacing just the speakers isnt going to improve your sound quality. Most newer cars use a basic paper or a cheap polypropylene speaker cone with foam surrounds, but that is actually what Bose uses in some of their best home speaker systems too. The difference is the level of wattage and clean wiring/signal that gets to the speakers themselves. Most of todays factory units are making little more than 8 watts per channel continuously and almost none of the basic systems like the ones in the Forte will exceed 20-40 watts per channel MAX..... Almost ANY aftermarket speaker can "handle" that, but it will still sound similarly tinny and lacking bass.

·
Registered
211 Posts
FORTE/FORTE KOUP(TD) >2011 > G 2.4 DOHC > Body Electrical System
Specification
Audio
Item
Specification
Model
RADIO/CD/MP3
(PA710)
RADIO/CDC/MP3
(PA760)
Power supply
DC 14.4V
Rated output
Min. 12W
Antenna
80PF 75Ω
Tuning type
PLL SYNTHESIZED TUNING
Frequency range / Channel space
FM
87.5 ~ 107.9 MHz/200 KHz
AM
530 ~ 1710 KHz/10 KHz

Speaker
Item
Specification
Input Power
(W)
Front
20 (Max. 30)
Rear
20 (Max. 30)
Tweeter
20 (Max. 30)
Speaker Impedance
(Ω)
Front
4.0 ± 0.6
Rear
4.0 ± 0.6
Tweeter
3.4 ± 0.5
Speaker Number

SDARS Roof Antenna
Item
Specification
Operation voltage
AM/FM: DC 10.5V ~ 16.0V
SIRIUS: DC 3.3V ~ 7.0V
Consumption current
AM/FM: MAX 150mA
SIRIUS: MAX 160mA
Input/Output Impedance
AM/FM:75Ω
SIRIUS: 50Ω
Polarization
Satellite : Left handed circular
Terrestrial : Vertical

* SDARS : Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service

·
Registered
100 Posts
Having taken apart the stock speakers; they are not bad. The tweeters are fabric dome and the surrounds on the mains are rubber.

Personally; I would keep them if you aren't going to amplify the new drivers.

But if you insist, the Kicker KS's are not bad and polks are nice too. You'll want a .75" tweet or a glue gun.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was going to do the same thing as Ratdaddy and put in some Polks, but no amp. I don't play music loud and the bass is OK from the stock system, but the mids and highs seem flat and the system has poor imaging. What is the best way to improve the sound? I can't imagine hooking up an amp to the line outputs is a great way to go. Are there preamp outputs from the stock stereo?

I would like to get solid bass, better imaging, and cleaner mids and highs and I don't want to spend more than about $500 to get this. Any recommendations?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts