Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since few Weeks i heart a big rattle from the passenger side in the corner or the dash over small and moderate bumps anyones aleady Know about that? The dealer seem to not be informed about that. And my car already have the upgraded top plates !

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I have the same noise. Dealership thought it was the glovebox and replaced it.... didn't fix the rattle. The rattle is really annoying and i cant figure it out:(

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm starting to get rattles again from my driver's door (been fixed before), passenger's sunvisor (been replaced before), and i think the passenger's door or somewhere now.. maybe the speakers are rattling the crap out of them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If it sounds like a metal plate being loose (clank sound) in the passenger side door (near the speaker) then yes, I have it too. Gonna have dealer fix it on my next oil change.

·
Registered
90 Posts
me as well... i think its the vent. if i bang on the dash it goes away

·
Registered
325 Posts
the rattle from the passenger side is the heat shield from the engine exhaust manifold.
just put 3 washers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same rattle; I agree, sounds like it's coming from the far right passenger air vent. I wish I could have someone drive the car for me so I could figure out the exact location :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
I notice a couple rattles. One is a metal sound, and its random. I noticed that when I heard it, my air was on and when I turned it off it stopped, so try that next time you hear a rattle if it applies.

As for rattles in the doors, both of my doors rattle, and I found out of I grip the door handle for pulling the door shut and put pressure on it, the rattling stops. Test this out too if anywhere has door rattles.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had rattles in my passenger door (Left one for me) until recently when I decided to pop open the door panel to have a close look at those rattles. Not that I was expecting to find a rattle snake in it but... I found out that:

1. The bolt in just inside the door handle was loose
2. Some tabs under the door panel were misaligned and the panel was not flush at the bottom
3. .. this is the best one... The Tweeter speaker in the passenger door was NOT PLUGGED IN

I guess that the guys doing my window tint at the dealership did a quick nasty when mounting back the door panel. So now the bolts are tight, tabs are popped in correctly and above all my passenger tweeter speaker is now plugged in. Since then I have no rattles in the door but occasionally hear some in the glove box. I must check this some time...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
thats really weird... im getting rattling from my speaks or like poping ticking noises... almost sounds like my speakers are blown or when you have a bad aux cable or something. my cars brand new with like 800 miles on it and my bass is at 0.... anyone else getting weird speaker noises?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts