Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an annoying rattle noise that 'appeared' to be under the car - maybe a suspension issue and it 'appeared' to be coming through the dash. Well, I decided to have a friend take a ride with me at night...all the windows closed, the radio off, no a/c ...nothing...and just listen closely. Immediatly he said its coming from the back and traveling to the front. Then he hopped into the back seat and said - 'it's coming from the trunk' I thought..hmm what could that be. We pulled over and opened the trunk and picked up the trunk floor board ..the culprit was the tire tool kit and the trunk floor board. The jack crank was not inside the round styrofoam holder and it was banging around in the trunk and the trunk floor board was banging around hitting eveything around it. These cars are subject to all kind of sounds due to a lack of insulation and these sounds might originate in one place and travel to another - very decieving indeed. I put both the tire changer kit and the trunk floorboard in my garage and took it for another ride with my friend in the back. The rattle is gone. So now I am going to put the tire changer kit back nice and tight and put some insulation carpet between the trunk floorboard and the trunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts