Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone found a way to make this work now that the XDA app is broken?
Bummer, I didn't know that the XDA app has since broken. But mine is already setup and still works.

Kia should make this available on all Fortes...and I mean in the car's system!
AMEN!

In order to see the gauges on the car's display once it is set up, if you leave the Bluetooth code reader installed, do you need the android phone to be plugged in every time?

Once the APP is available on the car's screen will it work without the phone as long as the Bluetooth code reader is installed?
Yes, phone has to be plugged in. Once plugged in you can open the OBD2AA app and it works, no need to do anything to the phone as long as Bluetooth is turned on. But as soon as you unplug the phone Android auto turns off and so does OBD2AA. I haven't explored the possibility of Android Auto working without plugging in the phone yet but i guess that is next step.

Also note: if you leave the OBDII dongle plugged in all the time eventually it will drain the battery. Luckily the 2020 Forte will tell you that you have low voltage as this is how I found out, haha.

Anybody else missing Goggle Play Music now that they have shut it down music is a pain in the butt with Youtube Music and I refuse to pay. Any alternatives?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bummer, I didn't know that the XDA app has since broken. But mine is already setup and still works.

AMEN!

Yes, phone has to be plugged in. Once plugged in you can open the OBD2AA app and it works, no need to do anything to the phone as long as Bluetooth is turned on. But as soon as you unplug the phone Android auto turns off and so does OBD2AA. I haven't explored the possibility of Android Auto working without plugging in the phone yet but i guess that is next step.

Also note: if you leave the OBDII dongle plugged in all the time eventually it will drain the battery. Luckily the 2020 Forte will tell you that you have low voltage as this is how I found out, haha.

Anybody else missing Goggle Play Music now that they have shut it down music is a pain in the butt with Youtube Music and I refuse to pay. Any alternatives?
Loved Google Music. I have the paid subscription that transfer to YouTube music. Reason i still pay is i can play my play lists without cell service or internet connection.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wonder if this would work instead...

+

Even though AASream says you need to be rooted, the AAAD says you don't have to be and it will install AAStream.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the OBD2AA app trying to get this to work, and it simply doesn't. I cannot get the OBD2AA app to display in my app tray on the head unit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The instructions are a bit misleading for sure. So many people saying different instructions. I don't know which instructions are actually correct, especially now that you don't go through the XDA Labs app anymore.

So if anyone has recent WORKING instructions, please share.

·
Registered
99 Posts
apkmirror.com is a great place to see all previous versions of an app and download them. It's ran by the androidpolice.com site.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmmm, got it to work and I don't know how lololololol

I'm on the newest Android Auto on my phone and have OBD2AA v3.a installed. Only thing I did was make sure my phone was connect to my OBD2 reader via BT and opened Torque to make sure it saw it.

Then I installed OBD2AA from b3itlabs.com, went into Android Auto and made sure I did the 10 tap thingy it the "about" area, then started the Server Head Unit.

Connected my phone via USB and when the prompt came up selected "Android Auto" and "Always". Only thing I noticed that the instructions are now wrong with is that I have an area to select that icon or whatever it is on the right side of screen to select OBD2AA. I just go to All Apps on the HU and select OBD2AA and it comes up.

@Wifeismad maybe try uninstalling Android Auto and start over. Or at least Clear Data/Cache for the AA app. I think something major changed in AA as it looks different than all the screenshots I'm seeing from people showing this working.

Now to d/l that custom background you made and try to figure out how to get it loaded up and setup properly to show like your screen!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts