Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To remove the original rear KIA badge from the trunk, I used the following process...

1. Heat the badge using a hair dryer.

2. Pry the badge from the trunk lid using a credit card. Note that the badge has two posts on the back that can interfere with pushing the card through the adhesive. Just move around them.

3. Picture of the badge removed.

4. The center of the adhesive on the badge on my car did not actually touch the trunk lid, so it was only necessary to pry around the area.

5. Clean the remaining adhesive.

6. Area is clean and ready for another badge.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I used fishing line to cut through the adhesive and 3M adhesive remover to get rid of excess adhesive. The hair dryer really helps to soften up the adhesive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds about right on the money...Very well put together DIY!....you are becoming quite the DIY thread starter lol....as i mentioned on your other thread I did the same thing last month....Latest changes Corsa blue SX

Now...What's a must DIY is the front badge! Because that one i gave up on and decided to use a screw driver and popped that B!$% off! But I'm guessing you took your time and still have unbroken clips on your front emblem.;)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,823 Posts
Nice write up on the rear (and front badge thread too)...thanks for taking the time to do this.

I'm assuming you will be installing some aftermarket badges. If so, do the aftermarket badges have the pins (rear) and tabs (front) like the factory badges so you can get them on straight?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice write up on the rear (and front badge thread too)...thanks for taking the time to do this.

I'm assuming you will be installing some aftermarket badges. If so, do the aftermarket badges have the pins (rear) and tabs (front) like the factory badges so you can get them on straight?
I did indeed use aftermarket badges. Like the67beast mentioned, I am unaware of any aftermarket badges that have the posts. I have only seen them with 3m tape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once again many thanks for the thread I also did this mod this past weekend and it was so easy , also re-badged the front gill and trunk lid , installed the metal pedals and foot rest plate too !

·
Registered
144 Posts
What did you use to remove the extra adhesive? Will rubbing alcohol work or will I need to get some goo gone?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wish i would have read this before I cut my fingers trying to pull the dental floss through the back post :(

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I did it without any tools. There was a few days were it was 40 degree Celsius around here and all I did was pull and it came right off. Probably helped that my car was newly built.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what did you guys use to clean the remaining adheasive?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't seem to see any there. Did find some on ebay though. (silver k black background)

Are there any full black badges? I see the ones on ebay have like chrome or silver finish, don't want shiny eye catching finish on badges.

or looking for something like this is even better but without that logo on there.

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=grill-forte1&cate=031101000

sorry to derail the thread from diy badge removal..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts