Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Rear Bumper Protector from the dealership when I purchased my Forte. I just noticed that it's bubbling, and that's the only way to describe it. I only have 700KM on it, and at best we are now getting spring like weather in South Western Ontario.

I'm going to swing by the dealer to have a look at it and see what they can do about it...

Here is a link to what it looks like from KIA Canada: http://kia.ca/content/Accessories/Forte/Exterior/FORTE_BumperProtect.jpg

Anybody else experience this?

-Paul

·
Registered
142 Posts
We've got the same part on out Forte , no problems yet . If the dealer installed it then i would expect them to fix it .

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a plastic decal, installed by a third-party doing dealer prep, with only a 1-year "warranty" at best, I think.

Got a 2011 Kia Forte LX sedan on 5/9/11. Great car. Immediate action mods:
1. Remove pinstripes
2. Remove "applique" (neat name for a plastic decal, eh?)
3. Remove and replace trunk lid to get rid of that useless spoiler.

With age, UV from the sun, washing and waxing the pinstriping and the "applique" will likely discolor, crack and perhaps leave a noticeable marking on the paint job after a year or two. Better to remove it now before the problems get out of hand.

Spoiler - at least it is named right (it 'spoils' the looks of the car), is noisy and rattles in the middle when you close the trunk lid smartly, is likely to have leakage problems 4-5-6 and 10 years from now...they drilled _holes_ in the trunk to mount it and run the wiring...that can't be undone. New trunk lid, please.

I should have just (in spite of being there 5 hours) looked and said 'well, okay, you guys know what I've been asking for...call me when you get one...unless I get someone else's first."

So...perhaps another $300 for a trunk lid and a couple hours to swap them, then sell the spoiled one on eBay for whatever I can get. And perhaps 4-6 hours removing the pin-striping and (hopefully using the same methods) the 'applique.'

KIA makes nice cars, dealers screw them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.