Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get the rear bumper under section (that holds the license plate and above the exhaust tips) painted the same colour to match the car? Its the big black section underneath the main part of the rear bumper.

Think it would look good or just wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe paint it a gloss black like the front bumper parts. It's the rear diffuser it's what sets the cars look apart from all the other sport compacts out there et. Scion, civic si.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Since no one has painted the rear lower section it's hard to get an idea of what it would look like -- good or bad -- I would think it should be black, silver or body color, anything else would probably look odd. Using the correct paint would be crucial since it is plastic. The front and rear fascias of the car are plastic painted over so painting the rear piece can be done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would be kinda cool to see one painted, just to know. I agree with the plastic being hard to paint, you would never get the same kind of shine or look that you do from the rest of the car. Don't know how the paint on plastic would hold up if it got scraped or dented either.

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
I like the two tone look as well. I wouldn't do it. Car manufacturers test these things out before deciding. Doesn't Hyundai have a model with the dark rear diffuser too? I can't remember which one.

Nadeem

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Jumper - with ideas like that its usually best to try and photoshop a picture of your car with that mod. I know it won't give you the exact look but it should give you a little bit of a better idea and help you make up your mind.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is it possible to get the rear bumper under section (that holds the license plate and above the exhaust tips) painted the same colour to match the car? Its the big black section underneath the main part of the rear bumper.

I think it would look good . I've seen the new Camaro both ways and prefer the diffuser painted body colour .

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
some A**HOLE backed into the back of my car and put a hole str8 through where the license plate sits with his trailer hitch. didnt leave a note or anything. so ima have to get that whole piece replaced. sucks but i like the style kia went with buy putting that black part there. i think it gives it a more sporty look. just my two cents

·
Registered
533 Posts
^^ I'd track the a-hole down and beat the S*** out of them!!! Common courtesy seems to be dead anymore. Hit and runs piss me off worse than someone cutting me off or riding my butt like there in my backseat... As for the piece itself I like the black look personally but to each there own!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
wow you guys revived a 4month old thread lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i would but san antonio is 1mil and growing and it would take foooreeeverrrrr haha unfortunalty, no cameras in the parking lot and ive had it for literally a month. just got my plates like 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts

What colour is your Forte?

·
Registered
533 Posts
i would but san antonio is 1mil and growing and it would take foooreeeverrrrr haha unfortunalty, no cameras in the parking lot and ive had it for literally a month. just got my plates like 2 days ago.
That sux bro! I feel for ya cause that is screwed up. I guess your insurance is gonna have to handle it. I just hope somehow you get some good luck and find out who did it.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
does any1 know where you can find the part number for this part? the body shop said it was only gunna cost like 65 for the part and i just want to make sure its an OEM part AND its the right one cuz thats kinda cheap...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts