Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day from down-under .. I'm considering getting a rear glass spoiler for my Koup & was wondering if anyone else has got one (either on a Koup or 4 door) .. Any idea what the chances are for it's long term adhesion (3m stick on) and likelihood it will stay attached are ? THX ... :)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Surface preparation is key when it comes to using 3M tape both on the part and mating surface. The correct type of tape is also very important. If both are taken care of, it will stay on for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
G'day from down-under .. I'm considering getting a rear glass spoiler for my Koup & was wondering if anyone else has got one (either on a Koup or 4 door) .. Any idea what the chances are for it's long term adhesion (3m stick on) and likelihood it will stay attached are ? THX ... :)
I've got one on my sedan and it came with real 3M tape attached. So far no problems and I don't expect any, they've been using this stuff for years. You're also sticking it to a very clean, smooth surface (glass) and I don't foresee any problems, I say go for it!

·
Registered
436 Posts
If it's the correct 3M tape, it'll be the same stuff that auto manufacturers use to adhere ground effects pieces to cars. My Mazdaspeed 6 utilized it for the lower sill extensions, and that stuff is serious. I recommend cleaning the glass with rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth, and install at the warmest part of the day. You might even warm the glass in the sun if you can.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got one on my sedan and it came with real 3M tape attached. So far no problems and I don't expect any, they've been using this stuff for years. You're also sticking it to a very clean, smooth surface (glass) and I don't foresee any problems, I say go for it!
Hey, BigE: were did you get the rear glass spoiler?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
20 Posts

LOVE Brisbane! Spent a week there after a month and a half in Shoalwater Bay Training Area during my Marine Corps days. Had a blast and met some great people.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOVE Brisbane! Spent a week there after a month and a half in Shoalwater Bay Training Area during my Marine Corps days. Had a blast and met some great people.
Yeh it's kinda like a big country town "but with teeth" .. I just wish it would stop raining ! .. Started the day i picked up the new car 3 weeks ago & now i'm getting desperate to drive a clean Koup around for more than an hour or so ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts