Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to pull this panel? I'm thinking its on clips but its the wifes car so don't want to experiment. :biggrin2:! We cant get the hatch open except for the emergency release. After reading about quite a few others with this problem I think it may be the switch or the connections for it. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yay! Did it! Used my thumbs for leverage and worked on the center clips first (near latch), they seemed the easiest to detach. I kept using my thumbs for leverage and worked my way around the corners. It almost seems about to break, but the clips eventually detach.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just some pertinent info, it is a lot easier to remove interior panels when the weather is really warm, or failing that when parked in a heated garage. The reason being the plastic becomes more pliable and less likely to damage, the colder it is the plastic becomes brittle and is more easily damaged.

Pat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just some pertinent info, it is a lot easier to remove interior panels when the weather is really warm, or failing that when parked in a heated garage. The reason being the plastic becomes more pliable and less likely to damage, the colder it is the plastic becomes brittle and is more easily damaged.

Pat.
Indeed. I used to use a hair dryer to warm up the panels when it was cold out. It also helps when the vehicle is newer, as the plastic will also become brittle with age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts