Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a 2020+ Forte Sedan help me out? I ordered some rear license plate LED panel from AliExpress, but the ones they sent me aren't the right shape.

According to their page, it says it fits the Kia 2019+ Forte Sedan. However I'm in Australia where I have the Kia Cerato sedan.

My question is, do the rear license plate light housing in the North American Forte sedans differ to the Australian Cerato counterpart?

Can anyone confirm that what they sent me is really for the 2019+ Forte sedan? Thanks.

The Cerato license plate light housing (top) compared to what was sent (bottom), which they said fits the 2019+ Forte sedan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know if the whiteline wsk-hyu001 will fit the sedan. Im on the horn with whiteline U.S. and they dont know if they will work, and are giving me a killer deal on them. With you being in australia and all. lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if the whiteline wsk-hyu001 will fit the sedan. Im on the horn with whiteline U.S. and they dont know if they will work, and are giving me a killer deal on them. With you being in australia and all. lol
Well the member that did install the Whiteline springs says it's the same part number (WSK-KYU001) for the springs he used.

Actually do you have the GT or the non-GT?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im In the US, with the gt 6spd. Here is a shot of the ones on my car. looks like they are indeed different
Why the heck is Kia showing different parts for the same car? Lol. Thanks for taking pictures. It does look like different shapes.

Could I ask for your year and if you have the GT or non-GT?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
same exact car in the pic, only grey and left hand drive
Thanks for that. That still doesn't explain why SADbutFUN's GT is the same shape as mine over in Australia. Oh well, looks like I don't have a case against returning these. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Arith .. did you install that LED panel for the license plate light? Does it fit? what's the bulbs number if I just want to replace the bulbs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My car has Whiteline springs, pretty much like the picture above though I also have a picture in my thread with drag radials on the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did a quick glance at the panel and saw a bulbs going through the hole on the side like your stock one so I thought it's the same one as the stock one. My bad, I just double check with the picture of that LED panel you have and my stock one and they're the same shape..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you install that LED panel for the license plate light? Does it fit? what's the bulbs number if I just want to replace the bulbs?
Unfortunately they don't fit. I guess the Forte and the Cerato housings are different after all. Oh well.

The bulbs are T10. The thing to note is that they need to be close enough to the filament T10s as the space is quite small. Plus they are at an angle so getting ones that are configured properly to shine is difficult. After a lot of experimenting I found these to be the brightest. They're small enough to fit and the tip is open enough to shine brightly.

I have 2020 GT manual, what is the bulbs number for the reverse light also?
The reverse bulbs are T15. Just make sure you buy ones that are CANBUS friendly/compatible or else you'll get errors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts