Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I just got my Forte EX sedan last Friday and love the car...the audio rocks for being stock. I noticed from the rear of the car there is a lot more negative camber on the passenger side than the drivers side, it looks like crap. Is this adjustable? Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks,

Don

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
No adjustement possible in the back :(

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
nearly positive you can adjust a torsion bar suspension too though
but it may not need it
if your tires aren't wearing unevenly then the camber could be just right, even though it appears to be wrong to you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'll take it in for them to have a look. I understand the use of negative camber and it should be roughly even on both side. I would venture the contact patch is probably 1.5" further out than the drivers side. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's visually noticeable.

·
Registered
746 Posts
nearly positive you can adjust a torsion bar suspension too though[\quote]

you can with shims...if their available. try spc and see if they have some in testing as none are listed currently.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke with the service dept at my dealership and they said that the rear camber is not adjustable :mad:.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just spoke with the service dept at my dealership and they said that the rear camber is not adjustable :mad:.
Kia publishes a specification for rear camber on your car. It is -1.5 degrees +/- 0.5 degrees. If your car is not within that specification my opinion is they should do whatever is necessary to make it right. If there is no adjustment they should replace parts as necessary.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells

Yes, currently KIA does not have shims. That being said, some alignment shops (if the local KIA dealer does not have an alignment machine) wont even touch torsion beam axles as its a pita to do shims.

If its dog tracking & still under warranty they should replace the beam. Removal & install is fast. But , the cost of the beam in Canader is $800-$1000 loonies.

Contact SPC Performance & see if they have shims in testing. They shims for Rio.

Linky: http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/PERF_CONT_DIR/SPCPerf_CONTACT.html

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey gripphard,

I don't think it's tracking badly and yes, it's brand new (had it for ten days now). I bought Kia's bumper-to-bumper warranty so I'm good to go.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just noticed mine today. Looks like I have the same issue. The car is only 3 weeks old. Now i'm not sure if I should invest in the eibach springs with this issue.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi Robert,

I have noticed that depending on where you are parked, the angle and speed that you approach your parking space has an affect on how the NC actually appears from side to side from front and rear viewing. Are we maybe dealing with an illusion? I have looked at it from different angles in different parking spaces. Now I'm starting think it's me :eek:. I installed the splash guards front and back and it totally changes the appearance also.

Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts