Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the car today and tried to buckle the kids up in their seats and discovered the rear passenger buckle will not latch. When I press down on the release it is difficult to press and it is very slow in popping back up. When I insert the male end of the buckle into the female end, there is no click. The car is 7 months old and I am at a loss as to what may be causing this and how to fix it. Any ideas or is this something that needs to go back to the dealer to be sorted out?

·
Registered
350 Posts
id take it straight to the deal if you can. they should be able to take care of it for you.

there isnt anything visibly stuck in the seat belt is there thats blocking it from buckling? thats the only thing i could think of unless the locking mechanism is just messed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked in the buckle and shook it around and I see and hear nothing. I was hoping I can fix it without taking it back to the dealer, but I don't want to mess it up and my kids need seatbelts, ya know? Looks like I will be giving them a call. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are your sure you are buckling it into the right latch? IIRC the center belt is different from the 2 outer belts and they won't latch correctly into each other.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Are your sure you are buckling it into the right latch? IIRC the center belt is different from the 2 outer belts and they won't latch correctly into each other.
Ding ding make you check this first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am buckling it into the right one. It is the rear passenger seat and there is only one buckle for it. It is the driver side rear that has the buckle for it and the middle. The buckle appears to be broken. It goes back to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah man. let us know what the dealer says. they def should fix it no questions. your kids def need seatbelts!
I took mine to the dealer because my front seatbelt would not connect and after they got done the man said I'm sorry but something has been spilled in it I said excuse you nothing I mean nothing has been spilled in it Noone drinks in my car thats there story well it started working again after they looked at it and last night disaster happened we almost hit a deer and the seatbelt came un buckled and my 19 yr old daughter hit her head and got a concussion please please becareful I'm taking it to another place now and having it checked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts