Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you access the rear speakers? In particular, how does the rear panel come off? I need to tap into the speaker line for an input for my amp...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone done this yet?

I've assumed all along that those covers over the speakers just popped right off. Maybe it's just because it's freezing outside but it sure seems to me like they are part of that entire panel and don't come out. I'm not looking forward to taking out the back seat to access those speakers....:mad:

·
Registered
436 Posts
wouldn't it be easier to access them from inside the trunk? Honestly I haven't even looked at the speakers but the wiring should be easier to access from underneath.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
careful if you are putting a ton of power in to a trunk sub. (I own a sedan) So i have no idea the layout of the trunk speakers, however I do know that they're probably quite paper-ish stock, and the sound pressure (and air movement) of a 500W RMS+ sub 10"+ may tear their cones.

D

·
Registered
59 Posts
In the Koup they're on the sides of the cabin however they are not easy to get to. I thought that the covers would snap off but they look to be all one piece. There aren't any speakers in the trunk.

My new plan is to replace the rear speakers with a pair of Kicker 6.5" subs for a totally stealth install, no junk in the trunk. :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Did anyone figure these out yet? Do you have to take all the rear plastic out to get to them?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'd be really interested to know how to access those, I like doing my own installs. I'd hate to pay someone to do what I can do by myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts