Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know has anyone installed OEM/factory Auto Dimming Mirror w/compass Kia Part No.: U86201M000 to replace their plain OEM/factory rearview mirror on their 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koup/sedan?

If yes, where do the wires from the mirror get attached to what wires from the interior fuse box panel.

The OEM/factory Auto Dimming Mirror w/compass Kia Part No.: U86201M000 came from a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L Automatic when I drove to Houston for parts.

Mike Shaw Kia dealership parts person couldn't verify what exactly comes with the same OEM/factory rearview mirror comes with when purchased new when searched & looked on the computer.

There's no part number for the rest of the wire to complete installation.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper
Product Automotive tire Sports equipment Font Bicycle part
Font Input device Material property Close-up Carmine
Font Wire Cable Heat-shrink tubing Bumper

I showed the parts sales person what exactly I'm looking for. I took the auto dimming rearview mirror. Asked & showed them th
Product Gadget Output device Font Musical instrument accessory

e wire harness I need to finish instillation. I showed them that the same auto dimming rearview mirror is a Kia/Hyundai OEM/factory standard part & number that can be installed & connected tapping into the 3 wires from the interior fuse box panel.

Also asked if I bought through Mike Shaw Kia would the items/accessories be included like in the pics?. Was told the system doesn't tell them exactly what does come with purchases.
Product Rectangle Bumper Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've & keep searching on Google for the instillation instructions manual to hook it up.to the interior fuse box panel. Haven't found one that shows in detail/scanned instillation sheet.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Musical instrument Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Product
Font Wire Cable Bumper Heat-shrink tubing

Got the wires/mirror powered up by dumb luck. The 1st with my trusty radio shack muti voltage 1.5v to 12v wall adapter turned on the mirror. Labeled the positive & negative wires. I don't know if the 3rd wire is ground?

1. Brown is ?
2.Tan is Negative
3. Black is Positive
Automotive lighting Sports equipment Gadget Electronic device Cable

The auto darkening works. The front sensor detected the kitchen lights. Mirror turned dark.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last night got lucky I didn't destroy or fry the circuit board.

Now, I need help in installing the wires to the vehicles wiring. Using the info above. I'd like to use the wire harness/plug located at the mirror location, fuse box as the 2nd location as a back up.

Yes, I will definitely disconnect the battery. Learned the last time.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before anything, I had opened up the mirror to see if I can find on the circuit board what wires do what. Couldn't find the info.
Circuit component Font Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic component
Passive circuit component Circuit component Black Hardware programmer Electronic engineering
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electronic component
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Electronic component

1 - 9 of 9 Posts