Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pulled all the fuses from the engine & interior fuses boxes.

Gonna replace all with brand new fuses.

I don't want to remove & tear into the interior plastics & headliner. This will be the last resort.

The sun/moon roof assembly unit works. I bench tested it. Just can't test the sun/moon switch.

12V test light doesn't illuminate when doors & trunk is opened. Key off or key on/acc & engine on.

The rest of the Forte works.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Had no choice but to remove the interior panels, pillars, front seat, rear seat & bench, rear deck panel & the effing delicate fixed/repaired (by me) headliner.

I followed the mirror wire harness. Ends up & stops at the interior fuse box panel.
Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Font
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Grille
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Engineering Auto part
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Line

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Didn't see any other fuses, relays or any type of surge protection. All the wires go to the the engine & interior fuse box panels.

The map assembly isn't bad or burned out. I had completely removed it from its wire harnesses. Then used my corba radar detector neg & pos wires to confirm on & off/power. During that the wires touched causing a short. I didn't hear or see sparks/short. I reinstalled the map sun/moon roof assembly #92800-1M00080 (new) back on & it's completely no functional. The map/courtesy lights, the door/off switch & sun/moon roof switch.

I used the original sun/moon roof switch as a tester. Didn't work either. I saved it cause it does work from the 1st original map assembly just in case the brand new sun/moon roof switch ever gave out. Easy part replacement.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok, for some weird ass reason the electrical gremlins left & now the sun/moon roof assembly is now working.

I had changed all the fuses & relays. Got sick & tired for the 4th time checking & verifying that each & every fuse & relay were working properly.

Now, I need to find online the headliner retainer/clips-trim #85848-1M000AS 10pc pack.

Ebay & Amazon has been futile. Mike Shaw Kia can keep their $30.00 clips when I bought from them at $15.00 & $8.00 from ebay.

Looks like I gotta mod the clip holders/anchors

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
None of these wires allowed the mirror to be powered on. The fuses kept being blown. I tested the pins with a light 12V tester. Only 1 set of pins worked just not when key was turned to ACC or engine on. The mirror only has one way to power on. I eventually got fed up & soldered my own long wires & tapped into the 12v cig lighter positive & neg wires instead of tapping/cutting or splicing into any wires at the interior fuse box panel.
Outerwear Jersey Textile Dress shirt Sleeve

21 - 31 of 31 Posts