Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I removed the “Forte” on the rear of the car. I order the K badges from the K5 optima store. Other than using a hair dyer to soften up the tape on the factory badges and using fishing line. Are there any more tricks to make it easier? And is goo gone safe to use ?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
GooGone is definitely safe to use. When I bought my car, I used a ton of it to remove the car dealer's stickers. I bought the "auto" version which comes in a spray bottle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GooGone is definitely safe to use. When I bought my car, I used a ton of it to remove the car dealer's stickers. I bought the "auto" version which comes in a spray bottle.
Awesome thanks! I didn’t know they made it in. a spray bottle!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I got my rebadging done. The new badges are cheaper feeling and looking than I thought they would be. $70. for the front and back. Those I had to remove the stock badges. The wheel caps just overlay the stock ones. The steering wheel I had to remove the stock one. I bought them on a very popular website for Kia’s. I bought the “chrome” edition. I’m trying to make it look stock.

Sorry for the odd angle. At the end of the day they look nice .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry for the odd angle. At the end of the day they look nice .
Looking pretty good! Were they difficult to take off with heat and floss/fishing wire?

Where exactly did you get the badges? I've been looking for a while before pulling the trigger. All the kits on Amazon/eBay seem to be of poor quality, so I think I'll settle on the kit from K5 Optima Store who is also a vendor on here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looking pretty good! Were they difficult to take off with heat and floss/fishing wire?

Where exactly did you get the badges? I've been looking for a while before pulling the trigger. All the kits on Amazon/eBay seem to be of poor quality, so I think I'll settle on the kit from K5 Optima Store who is also a vendor on here.
Thanks! Actually that’s where I got them from(K5 Optima).As far as heat, I live in S Florida so I just left my car outside in the sun for about an hour. It was about 85*F a the tape was nice and warm. I would use strong fishing line not floss. If you use floss double it up or triple it up. I also taped around the badges with painters tape to protect from scratches. It took time even with letting goo gone set on the tape behind the badges.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the K5 Optima vendor here has awesome customer service. Definitely can’t get that with ebay vendors ! I recommend using K5 for your new badges

·
Registered
58 Posts
From pictures I don't see any difference between the $70 and the $7 badges. The only idea I had was the hood, it's too recessed to get the line behind and I had to pretty it up a bit.

Use braided line instead of mono. It cuts faster and even 25lb mono broke every 2 pulls. Spider is thinner, didn't break once.

You can go right on top of the steering wheel badge. I removed mine, they get trashed in the process.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From pictures I don't see any difference between the $70 and the $7 badges. The only idea I had was the hood, it's too recessed to get the line behind and I had to pretty it up a bit.

Use braided line instead of mono. It cuts faster and even 25lb mono broke every 2 pulls. Spider is thinner, didn't break once.

You can go right on top of the steering wheel badge. I removed mine, they get trashed in the process.
I bought the front , back, center rim covers and steering wheel badge. So it’s worked out to be $10 a badge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts