Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just need some help in how to actually wash my car... (is not that i don't know how to, lol)... its just that my car is black and some people say not to use any car soap yet, other say to shine it... and i really don't know wat to do when i wash it, i gotta be very careful black is easy to scratch for no reason...

Some help will come in handy! :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Here's what i do:

1. Rinse the car off
2. Get Meguiars wash and wax (thick yellow colored), put some in a bucket and add warm water. (as per directions on it)
3. use a microfibre sponge or micro fiber mitten and go ver the car once. make sure you rinse it after every wipe making sure you don't drag any dust or sand on the car.
4. once clean, i clean the bucket and redo steps 2-3, preferably use a newer or different mitten or sponge for the second time.
5. once done, rinse the car off.
6. Dry the car manually with microfiber towels. keep the fenders and bumpers till the end since they sometimes have some dust or dirt left.
7. once dry, get your favourite wax and start applying. (i use Meguars NXT gen Tech wax (liquid), or Megiuars Gold Class wax (paste))
8.once applied swipe your finger across it, if you finger takes it off it means its dry, if it smears it, then give it some time)
9. Once dry, start wiping it off with a microfiber towel, (try to look for a soft detailing one)
10. once done with the car, go over all the glass with invisible glass, can clean it well.
11. Now get armor all "CLEANING" wipes, and go over the black plastic outside trim, especially where the wax touched the plastic, the wipes clean the wax off the plastic.
12. when your done with all of that, i get a couple of rags, and a spray bottle (like an old rainx or windex), and spray the rims, and wipe them one spoke at a time. starting at the top and going downwards. (the bottle is usually water with a bit of rainx in it).
13. when your all done, start shining your tires. I use Meguiars tire shine ( the purple one that smells like grapes), or meguiars cleaning tire foam, (i don't like the spray because you get over spray on your rims. If you get any tire shine on your rims, repeat step number 12 because if not, then tire shine attracts dust.

then for the next couple of washes, instead of wax, use detailing spray, so instead of 7,8,9, use detailing spray and a microfiber to wipe it

2,213 Posts
Do yourself a favor tho....when applying the wax, use small circles, but when you buff the wax off, go in one direction. Usually front to back, and keep it that direction through out the whole car. That way you won't have swirl marks! Unless you have an orbital buffer. But if you don't, I DON'T suggest you rent one and use it if you've never used one before, you'll burn the paint off your car!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what i do:

1. Rinse the car off
2. Get Meguiars wash and wax (thick yellow colored), put some in a bucket and add warm water. (as per directions on it)
3. use a microfibre sponge or micro fiber mitten and go ver the car once. make sure you rinse it after every wipe making sure you don't drag any dust or sand on the car.
4. once clean, i clean the bucket and redo steps 2-3, preferably use a newer or different mitten or sponge for the second time.
5. once done, rinse the car off.
6. Dry the car manually with microfiber towels. keep the fenders and bumpers till the end since they sometimes have some dust or dirt left.
7. once dry, get your favourite wax and start applying. (i use Meguars NXT gen Tech wax (liquid), or Megiuars Gold Class wax (paste))
8.once applied swipe your finger across it, if you finger takes it off it means its dry, if it smears it, then give it some time)
9. Once dry, start wiping it off with a microfiber towel, (try to look for a soft detailing one)
10. once done with the car, go over all the glass with invisible glass, can clean it well.
11. Now get armor all "CLEANING" wipes, and go over the black plastic outside trim, especially where the wax touched the plastic, the wipes clean the wax off the plastic.
12. when your done with all of that, i get a couple of rags, and a spray bottle (like an old rainx or windex), and spray the rims, and wipe them one spoke at a time. starting at the top and going downwards. (the bottle is usually water with a bit of rainx in it).
13. when your all done, start shining your tires. I use Meguiars tire shine ( the purple one that smells like grapes), or meguiars cleaning tire foam, (i don't like the spray because you get over spray on your rims. If you get any tire shine on your rims, repeat step number 12 because if not, then tire shine attracts dust.

then for the next couple of washes, instead of wax, use detailing spray, so instead of 7,8,9, use detailing spray and a microfiber to wipe it

WOW MAN! thanks lot i just wrote the entire list down, lol!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah i have a black paintjob been wondering this myself!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
WOW MAN! thanks lot i just wrote the entire list down, lol!!
No problem, if you want, by sunday i 'll take a picture of my kit and whats included in it.

and to add to the list, once a month, i get a strong degreaserand use it on my wheels wells, just make sure you don't get it on the paint, and if you do, wipe it off quickly, and re-wax the area where it touched.

also, if you notice your tires aren't staying shiny as much, then get a scrubbing brush, and scrub the tires (don't go to hard though, get a feel for it)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Another thing I like to do is when I am dressing my tires is allow it to penetrate for a few minutes. Then, after a few minutes I take a nice old rag and lightly wipe down the tire. If not when you start rolling the excess will spin off and get thrown up on your fenders attracting more dirt and grime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts