Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good LOC so i can add a couple amps to the system. I know they have the cleansweep, req5, ms-8 etc etc

I can use a LOC like the audio control LC6i.
With this though i will be dependent on the stock HU's equalizer.

The alternative is I can use the audio control DQL-8.
This LOC has really good crossovers and equalizers, but it cost over 3 times that of the LC6i.

would the extra functionality be worth the cost? or is the equalizer on the stock HU sufficient?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just purchased a cache coe6, from another forum member. D113 uses it as well. I haven't installed mine yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was looking at that as well.
but i don't believe it has a built-in EQ.

So is it that your going to use an external eq or rely on the built in eq in the stock hu?

can anyone comment on the eq of the stock hu?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yea i was looking at that as well.
but i don't believe it has a built-in EQ.

So is it that your going to use an external eq or rely on the built in eq in the stock hu?

can anyone comment on the eq of the stock hu?
I had done some reading from a thread that D113 posted on another forum. He said the stock deck is EQ'd pretty well, but if D113 sees this thread hopefully he can post.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I picked up a hifonics MX-1. Not sure how it rates against the others but it seems it will do what I need. It also has built in crossovers for the front and rear as well as a bass EQ with remote.

I am using it to control a 5 channel amp off of the stock head unit. Never used an LOC for a personal install...so this is new to me.

Here's a link to the brochure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the hifonics one as well.

The issue with that one is i don't believe it does signal summing.
At least i don't see it written anywhere that it does. :confused:

The brochure says it will sum front and rear to a mono signal for the bass, but nothing about summing input 1 and 2 to send a summed signal to output 1. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
You want a non fading summary output of the front and rear channels? You could just use the front channels.

Check out the PCH8 from PAC as well. It seems to have what you are describing you need.

But if you are just drawing down off of the Forte head unit, you may only need a single channel LOC or similar.

Here's a link to their sample configs. #1 most closely matches our forte's.

http://www.pac-audio.com/landing/20071001-PCH8/PCH8diagrams.pdf

Hope this helps you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think i figured out how i will setup my system.
Originally i was going to use a AudioControl DQL-8.
This LOC has signal summing, digital crossover and equalizer etc.
Alot of great features but a little out of my price range at the moment.

So I will end up just using a more basic LOC either the cache coe6 or the audiocontrol LC6i.
Both have the same features and have good reviews.
for my crossover issue, i will depend on the built-in crossovers on my amps.
for my equalizer issue, i will depend on the Stock HU equalizer. It prob only has like a 3 band eq - bass, mid and treble, but it should be good enough for what I need for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will run 2 hifonics amps. a 2 ch (150x2) for the front CDT Components and a mono (1200x1) for a 12" RE Audio sub. I will leave the rear stock speakers connected to the stock HU for rear fill.

I will prob use the audiocontrol LC6i.
Basically i will disconnect the front stock components and run those to the LOC. The signal from the stock mids and stock tweeters will be summed to get 1 full range signal.
This signal will connect to my 2 ch mids amps. My mids amp has a built in rca output which will allow the full range signal to pass through.
So i will link my bass amp this way.

I will depend on the built-in crossovers on my amps, and i would have to rely on the stock HU equalizer.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
sounds like an OK set up. GL. How do you like the CDT's?

are you going to add anything for power? Big 3, extra battery, etc?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been using CDT's for a while and i love them. I have the classic series seen here
WoofersEtc.com - CL-E61 - CDT Audio 6.5" Classic Series Component Speakers

At the time i purchased i got them on sale, so for the price i paid they can't be beat. I have been wanting to try some DLS components for a while but my budget not allowing that right now.

As for power i will replace the stock batt with a stinger batt but i don't plan to add an additional one. and i will do the big 3. The car my system is in now runs fine with those 2 upgrades. So i assuming for now the koup should be fine as well.

I might actually downgrade my sub. Right now its a RE HC 12" 1200rms.
I looking to get a 10" Skar Audio taking 600rms.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have been using CDT's for a while and i love them. I have the classic series seen here
WoofersEtc.com - CL-E61 - CDT Audio 6.5" Classic Series Component Speakers

At the time i purchased i got them on sale, so for the price i paid they can't be beat. I have been wanting to try some DLS components for a while but my budget not allowing that right now.

As for power i will replace the stock batt with a stinger batt but i don't plan to add an additional one. and i will do the big 3. The car my system is in now runs fine with those 2 upgrades. So i assuming for now the koup should be fine as well.

I might actually downgrade my sub. Right now its a RE HC 12" 1200rms.
I looking to get a 10" Skar Audio taking 600rms.
Keep the RE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts