Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Koup for a little over two weeks now, and loving it.
Should I go with the recommended 32 PSI on the tires or the 40 PSI that it was delivered with? Dropped them down to 32 and there was a noticable difference in the feel on the road. A tad bit smoother, but a slightly different feel in cornering.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seems like most Koups have come with over inflated tires...I would say go with recommended pressure on the sidewall of your tire...not the 32 psig on the door sticker.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I'm at 33psi, and with a nice spring day here near 70F the ride feels good. Much better than a cold day with over inflated tires the car came with. I didn't notice an cornering difference.

·
Registered
348 Posts
At our dealership we set 16" wheels to 32-34 in the shop (so it can vary from 26-40 once it goes outside/seasonal changes) and 17" wheels to 34-36. Lower profile tires benefit from slightly higher pressures as this reduces sidewall roll (handling) and seriously reduces the amount of damage a pothole can do. Going too low/high will negatively affect your handling, braking and general comfort.

As a vehicle owner it is your responsibility to check your tire pressures as it may have been weeks or months since the tech at the dealership completed the PDI of your car, and we all know your salesman sure isn't going to check it on delivery! hahahaha I'm funny.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine came filled with nitro... they stay pretty constant even with the temp fluctuations here in Toronto.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The pressure noted on the door placard is the best compromise between comfort and handling. The only pressure I see noted on my tires is max pressure, which is a kidney-punishing 51 psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts