Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I'm new to this forum , The topic is obvious from its title so with no further details here are the pics and vid

PS : I'm still planning to put Audi style LEDS and maybe one or two other stuff

Video :

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnot set them myself , I used professional help but I think he did connect them thru the firewall

·
Registered
533 Posts
You put the wiring thru the firewall?

If you wanna know where to get through the firewall i can tell and show you. Its in the driver side wheel well. Jack the car up and remove your wheel, remove the plastic fender lining, look right in front of the door in the fender well and you'll see a rubber grommet that protects the main harness. At the base of the harness it is electrical taped so just remove the tape and now you can use the grommet for your wires as well just remember to tape it back up when your done. As for the rear light you can run it through the trunk as there is a hole in the bottom of the spare tire well.

From there you can run it inside under the carpet and the center console to meet with everything else. If you really wanna get creative you can run everything to the control and mount it inside the center arm rest from under the center console. Thats what i did at least and its nice and clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@noodile

:D Is that a good thing ? who's the other Egyptian anyway

=============================

For a step-by-step installation

2,213 Posts
If you wanna know where to get through the firewall i can tell and show you. Its in the driver side wheel well. Jack the car up and remove your wheel, remove the plastic fender lining, look right in front of the door in the fender well and you'll see a rubber grommet that protects the main harness. At the base of the harness it is electrical taped so just remove the tape and now you can use the grommet for your wires as well just remember to tape it back up when your done. As for the rear light you can run it through the trunk as there is a hole in the bottom of the spare tire well.

From there you can run it inside under the carpet and the center console to meet with everything else. If you really wanna get creative you can run everything to the control and mount it inside the center arm rest from under the center console. Thats what i did at least and its nice and clean.
Finally!!! You're my hero!!! Ive been tryig to figure that out for 3 months!!! Thanks man!!! Lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
^^^ No prob. Sorry I didn't come to your rescue sooner lol. I wish I had pics from my install but i did it in the parking lot at work on my lunch breaks lol. The hardest part honestly is the mounting of the two side rails. It was a pain but i got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
My hardest part is going to be mounting the front. My cars lowered, so one little hump and that thing is coming right off
Remove the plastic shield that runs under the radiator ( trust me when I say you don't need it ) and you can zip tie it tight to the bas of the radiator as there a few spare holes that line up just right. Easiest one to install.. SO if you damage it's cause your rippin the radiator off also and I don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon lol..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The red footwell lighting is ok. The blue underbody is hideous.

My .02

my 2 cents---
i am effin glad to see another koup from around the world sharing their mods.

i dunno how to explain it fully- but - to see my car
(my- not meaning i built or designed the thing- just 'my' meaning i love the the car)
being mod'ed by folks from alsorts of nationalities.......
it makes me happy.

background-i am an army brat, i grew up living in germany, hawaii, okinawa, stateside....... every place had its own 'flavor' -
i just think its cool that the koup is being mod'ed in places that most folks wouldnt think that sort of thing could happen...

think of it-- as-
i like chocolate ice cream- you like vanilla- the guy over there? likes strawberry ---however--- the common thread? we like ice cream

:)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine is million color outside, seven color inside... I pick colors depending on my mood..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@OrangeCrush

WOW your car looks really good

@noodile and Ash

:p I think its genetic thing for Egyptians then loving the koup , If you've been to Egypt recently we have ALOT and I mean ALOT of forte sedans here now , we have alot of Koups too but not that much so yea the underbody lighting , not alot of ppl do that here in Egypt

@(K)illed (I)n (A)ction

(A) I should get a thank too , I mean I started the topic rite ? lol , good luck with your installation , pics soon plz ?

Thanks to everyone for passing by my topic :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks so much mo_mib!! Yours looks nice and clean as well. Sorry I didn't say so earlier... Be glad you had someone put yours in cause I'm very anal with the details and it took me forever to make mine the way I liked it.. I drove with no center console for 3 days in the process... For anyone doing this themselves expect to spend at least 6-10 hours to do it right and clean..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts