Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was bored today and had some of the pinstripe from the grill left over so I decided to pinstripe the rims like I saw on someone elses tread. I figure that it cant hurt the rims. If I dont like it, I can remove them. Also, the pinstripe was free. Nothing to lose.

I just followed the glare lines on the wheel and it worked out pretty good. I like them. I hope that with heat and wind and chemicals that they dont fall off... but I am not holding my breath. lol...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
HAHA! Looks fly! I might get in on that... :D Tell me how its stands to normal wear and tear. The grill ones are really holding in!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will keep you guys up to date. Here is a picture of the side of the car. I made it big on purpose so you can see the pinstripe better.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
PURTY! Looks sharp!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice touch :) Hope it stays on..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I am happy to say that after a few days of it on the road with wind and quite a bit of rain, they are hold strong. No signs of peeling. But it has only been a couple of days. I will let everyone know if they peel.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Yes, please update because I would like to know. I'd like to do the reverse of what you did and use black pinstripe to cover up the red lip on my wheels. I wanna know if this could do the trick or if I'm gonna have to paint them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far it has been great. I would suggest you go ahead and do it because it is only $5 and the worst thing that could happen is it could peel.

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
Guys do this on bikes all the time. I doubt it will peel if you clean the rim properly first. That is the key to getting it to stick.

Nadeem

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts