Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RedlineTuning.com Hood lift kit installed on my Koup:

No more hood prop-open bar!!!

Install instructions are very good.

Need:
automotive green tape
a pop-rivet gun with 3/16" adapter
#11 drill bit...buy one, better than using a 3/16 inch drill bit!
Drill

took me 30 minutes to install.have to drill 4 holes in bottom of hood/2 each side. Bottom ball replaces existing fender bolt. Used a sheet to cover the engine compartment for metal flakes from drilling. Hood raises on its' own about halfway up.

Will be installing a kit in my sedan SX and will post it in the sedan section...

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
any chance you can fix the links?

thinking about getting this....are there any other options out there yet?

how have they held up.....anyone else install these??

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Had mine for over a year, one of the first things I added to my sedan, still working great! I would take this over any of the cheaper solutions I've seen on eBay or the web.;)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Which option? Base, Plus, or Elite? I don't see much advantage for the other 2, so I'm thinking the base option would be cool to have.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
thanks for the feedback

so the kit for the Koup should work for the 5-door and Sedan?

·
Registered
533 Posts
1 Year strong and no problems.. They are still really tight almost like new still.. They make life so much easier..

·
Registered
695 Posts
Has anyone had an experience where you lift the hood and then let it go and some screams or yells like its going to fall on top of you. Happened to me the other day, there face was priceless.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any chance you can fix the links?

how have they held up.....anyone else install these??
Don't know how to fix...see my album or Garage.

No problems with them at all.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I used Corsakoups suggestions for parts and did it myself:

I bought the stuff for mine at McMaster-Carr.

9416K193 Quantity of 1 - Gas Spring With Threaded Ends, 60 Force, 18.62" Extended Length, 8.27" Stroke

9512K95 Quantity of 2 - Ball Mounting Hardware, Zinc-pltd-stl, 90 Deg Angle Inverted Ball Bracket

9416K74 Quantity of 2 - 10 mm Steel Ball Socket For M6 Thread, Gas Spring With Threaded Ends

I just put my hood strut on using the McMaster Carr parts. I used the same brackets top and bottom (the ones Corsakoup said to use) and the Redline instructions. Very easy to do and it cost $22. For the bottom bracket, I used the middle hole, just drilled it out to fit the fender bolt. You also need to cut a slot from the edge of the bracket to the hole to get the bolt to fit.

The whole project took about 1/2 hour and no more prop rod!
Attached Thumbnails
I have been using it for over about a year with no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts