Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RedlineTuning.com Hood lift kit installed on my Koup:

No more hood prop-open bar!!!

Install instructions are very good.

Need:
automotive green tape
a pop-rivet gun with 3/16" adapter
#11 drill bit...buy one, better than using a 3/16 inch drill bit!
Drill

took me 30 minutes to install.have to drill 4 holes in bottom of hood/2 each side. Bottom ball replaces existing fender bolt. Used a sheet to cover the engine compartment for metal flakes from drilling. Hood raises on its' own about halfway up.

Will be installing a kit in my sedan SX and will post it in the sedan section...

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
any chance you can fix the links?

thinking about getting this....are there any other options out there yet?

how have they held up.....anyone else install these??

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Had mine for over a year, one of the first things I added to my sedan, still working great! I would take this over any of the cheaper solutions I've seen on eBay or the web.;)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Which option? Base, Plus, or Elite? I don't see much advantage for the other 2, so I'm thinking the base option would be cool to have.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any chance you can fix the links?

how have they held up.....anyone else install these??
Don't know how to fix...see my album or Garage.

No problems with them at all.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I used Corsakoups suggestions for parts and did it myself:

I bought the stuff for mine at McMaster-Carr.

9416K193 Quantity of 1 - Gas Spring With Threaded Ends, 60 Force, 18.62" Extended Length, 8.27" Stroke

9512K95 Quantity of 2 - Ball Mounting Hardware, Zinc-pltd-stl, 90 Deg Angle Inverted Ball Bracket

9416K74 Quantity of 2 - 10 mm Steel Ball Socket For M6 Thread, Gas Spring With Threaded Ends

I just put my hood strut on using the McMaster Carr parts. I used the same brackets top and bottom (the ones Corsakoup said to use) and the Redline instructions. Very easy to do and it cost $22. For the bottom bracket, I used the middle hole, just drilled it out to fit the fender bolt. You also need to cut a slot from the edge of the bracket to the hole to get the bolt to fit.

The whole project took about 1/2 hour and no more prop rod!
Attached Thumbnails
I have been using it for over about a year with no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.