Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread for those who are strapped for cash and dont have the money for major mods yet. Chime on in with your own ideas and opinions on this subject. Heres mine so far:

1. Colored windshield wipers-around $20 each, mine are the copper color to match my car :D
2. Pinstripe tape for the grille-around $4 a roll
3. Exterior replacement decals for the KIA logos-around $15 each, more or less, depending on what it is. I bought the Tigris ones.
4. Custom Grilles-Available at Koreanautoimports.com, they range from $80 to about $200, they're easy to install, and they look awesome.
5. Steering wheel cover-about 12.99 at autozone. I got mine in red and black....they had no copper :-(
6. Shifter knobs-about $15 starting, but can go to around $150 for real fancy ones (bling bling!)

I'll probably think of some others on my way to work today. Chime on in with your ideas.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Shifter knobs for manuals are a bit more complex due to the reverse lock tab. I have seen knobs that support it starting at 90 dollars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The car look fine how it is...let's not start putting all the pep boys/auto zone junk all over the coup please...less is more at any extent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car look fine how it is...let's not start putting all the pep boys/auto zone junk all over the coup please...less is more at any extent.
I'm not talking about putting some dumb chrome fake vents on it or something, just easy mods to make it look better. Another idea I just thought of: front license plate. Mines a tiger since the designer of the Forte Koup said he wanted the front to look like a roaring tiger. Also, for a rear license plate frame, I have "proud to be a corrections officer"....helps in not getting tickets ;-) Man I love my job at the prison sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
While your opinion is appreciated, remember this is a MOD forum. If people
want to mod their car, it's their opinion.

Play nice

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I thought I'd start a thread for those who are strapped for cash and dont have the money for major mods yet. Chime on in with your own ideas and opinions on this subject. Heres mine so far:

1. Colored windshield wipers-around $20 each, mine are the copper color to match my car :D
3. Exterior replacement decals for the KIA logos-around $15 each, more or less, depending on what it is. I bought the Tigris ones.
4. Custom Grilles-Available at Koreanautoimports.com, they range from $80 to about $200, they're easy to install, and they look awesome.
5. Steering wheel cover-about 12.99 at autozone. I got mine in red and black....they had no copper :-(
6. Shifter knobs-about $15 starting, but can go to around $150 for real fancy ones (bling bling!)

I'll probably think of some others on my way to work today. Chime on in with your ideas.
Painted SX wheel insert (cost me 35$)
Debadge (free)

You have pic for #1 ???

·
Registered
587 Posts
Great topic Ranger86.

In addition to being cost effective...some mods or changes made are just making the car personalized to the driver.

Thanks for the tips...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

:D I did that! Lol! Oh and a word of caution! If you do it wrong the vinyl comes off and CANNOT be reapplied. Like the water seeped in between the tape and the grill during initial installation and now it looks like I need to redo the whole bottom grill. So just an FYI but other than that... today I took my baby out for the first time since friday and she's looking great!!

Great topic Ranger86.

In addition to being cost effective...some mods or changes made are just making the car personalized to the driver.
Yeppers! That's why I did some lil grill mod of my own. :D She's different than everyone else! :-DDDDDDD

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Replacement antenna (unless you like the unicorn look lol) - $10 to $20 give or take.
Caliper paint - $25 for an entire kit (cleaner, paint, brush, masking tape, etc.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd like to know about the antenna as well as I'm not so much a fan of the unicorn look! lol Also with whatever replacement you use have you noticed it effect the frequency on your FM stereo? Or Satellite radio (if applicable)?

·
Registered
695 Posts
my only concern is how it affects Sirius, i haven't listened to radio in four year, i can live without it, but don't take my Sirius.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I painted my wheel inserts, i did myself relatively cheap project and the results are great. Prep work is a must and quality of paint is important. If some one has found pre painted inserts for the koup wheels, then i feel like i wasted my Easter Sunday.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Does this mean you bought them painted, had them painted, or painted them yourself?
Paint it myself..... paint was free as I work in this feild:cool:
Paid for one insert just to make sure everything was OK!!
Should find yourself quality paint for about 35$. Not neceserely plastic paint as the insert is already paint! Just scuff the surface with a scotchbrite before!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I replaced with the visual garage sharkfin mark II. However that was $69 usd + shipping. No effect on any radio functions.
i too bought the sharkfin antenna from visual garage and it doesnt effect the radio what so ever and looks great. came out to 81 usd for me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts